Assistant Branch Manager IIAlaska USA Federal Credit Union
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union is currently recruiting for an Assistant Branch Manager II in our Lakewood Branch to supervise the activities of the branch office with an emphasis on providing accurate, warm, friendly, efficient member service and cross sales of credit union products and services. Assume responsibility for the branch as assigned.
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial services cooperative providing service, value, and convenience to members since 1948. Alaska USA provides members with great rates on loans and deposits as well as low fees for services. This commitment to each member’s financial well-being is what makes the Alaska USA experience better than banking.
Alaska USA has branches in Alaska, Arizona, California, and Washington and serves members living in all 50 states and around the world. With a full range of financial services, members have everything in one place, including checking and savings accounts, consumer loans, and credit cards. In a growing number of locations, Alaska USA also offers business services, commercial and personal insurance, and real estate loans, as well as mortgage loans by Alaska USA Mortgage Company.
Facts About Alaska USA:
- Founded in 1948
- More than 664,000 members in all 50 states and around the world.
- More than $7.85 billion in assets.
- Branches in Alaska, Arizona, California, and Washington.
- Most branches open seven days a week.
- Financial Centers in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Soldotna, and Wasilla, Alaska, as well as Victorville, California.
- Offers consumer and commercial deposit and loan services, as well as mortgage and real estate loans, insurance, investments, and investment management.
- Credit union accounts federally insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF)
Summary Job Description:
- Responsible for providing prompt, professional, helpful, knowledgeable and courteous member service.
- Coach, lead and motivate branch employees; promote participation in cross sales of products and services; provide in-aisle training where applicable. Meet with employees regularly on an individual and group basis to establish and reinforce sales/service goals.
- Ensure compliance with credit union marketing, image, and service delivery goals within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for quality and accuracy of teller, new account, member service and loan transactions.
- Responsible for the security, accountability, and control of branch office cash, negotiable items, and, as assigned, general ledger accounts.
- Recommend and coordinate with the manager, branch promotional activities and programs on a routine basis to increase awareness and generate new business.
- Coordinate the personnel functions for branch employees with manager to include staff scheduling, training, evaluating performance, employee morale, and policy compliance.
- Ensure that branch personnel are familiar and comply with established policies and procedures.
- Perform duties of Senior Financial Services Representative position as required.
- Assume responsibility for the branch as assigned.
- Obtain state mandated insurance license to quote and bind Personal Lines insurance products, as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong communications and personnel management skills required. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
Creditable Experience In Lieu Of Education:
- Three years increasingly responsible experience in related field.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Health Care Benefits
- Matching 401k
- Paid Leave
The credit union strives to provide employees a comfortable working atmosphere, career opportunities and financial security in the form of competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer