Human Resource Specialist
Are you passionate about pets? Want to help create a world where every pet is happy, healthy, and safe? Would you like to work for a company that cares about its employees?
We’re looking for a HR Specialist to join our team!
The HR Specialist … is responsible for providing support and guidance for various HR activities in accordance with organization-wide goals and initiatives.
In this exciting role, you will:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Build and maintain rapport with ASC teammates; deliver exceptional support to all levels of internal audiences.
- Provide first-level employee relations advice and conflict resolution support to supervisors/managers.
- Appropriately resolve employee/manager inquiries or escalate to manager for further review.
- Maintain a high level of discretion and integrity with sensitive and confidential employee information.
- Be a welcoming resource for new employees during onboarding; serve as a knowledgeable resource on HRIS, handbook policies, benefits enrollment, and other employee processes.
- Communicate with HR Services manager and other HR team members all relevant information, concerns or issues that may impact employee morale, service quality and/or organization effectiveness.
- Process personnel actions accurately and timely in DayForce (including promotions, pay changes and terminations), in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Maintain personnel/employment records and associated documents in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Support HR and leadership with implementation and completion of annual performance review process.
- Assist with creation and execution of training and development materials; create spreadsheets, reports and high-quality presentations for leadership review.
- Provide input and help develop employee recognition programs and encourage management involvement.
- Prepare/edit memos and written correspondence, process and route HR mail, scan/fax documents, perform other administrative tasks as needed.
- Complete all assigned projects in a timely, professional and accurate manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, best practices, and employment legislation to ensure organizational compliance.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list; other duties may be required. These duties and responsibilities are subject to change at any time.
Do you have the following qualifications?
- HR functional disciplines, employment law and compliance
- High degree of integrity and extreme discretion when working with confidential, sensitive matters
- Positive, approachable, good listener, with demonstrated ability to successfully resolve employee concerns
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to communicate professionally, confidently and tactfully with all levels of diverse audiences
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, highly organized with solid analytic and decision-making skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, react, and think quickly with the ability to seek clarification and/or assistance as needed
- Self-motivated with the ability to work additional hours as necessary
Your education & experience should be similar to:
- Knowledge and experience with California state law administration
- Knowledge and experience with labor unions, collective bargaining, and union contracts
- 2+ years HR experience
- Bachelor’s degree, a plus
- Dayforce, a plus
- SHRM or PHR, a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus
- Full, advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Hybrid Schedule - Two Days in our Fife, WA Warehouse and Three Days Remote
- Be available via computer, video conferencing, and phone during business hours
- Be able to work past end of shift if business requires
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The required physical abilities to perform this job:
- Primarily sitting with some walking, standing, and bending
- Able to hear and speak into a telephone
- Close visual work on a computer terminal
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate any required computer keyboard, mouse, and other technical instruments
Employees are our greatest assets. That’s why we offer benefits like medical, dental and vision plans, paid time off, 401(k) plans and discounts on pet products.
At Animal Supply Company, we provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Animal Supply Company hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. Animal Supply Company participates in E-Verify.