Arctic Storm Management Group, LLC (ASMG) manages two catcher processor vessels. The C/P Arctic Storm is 334 feet in length, with a horsepower of 6100 and a frozen cargo of 1500 tons. At a maximum capacity, she holds 133 crewmembers. The C/P Arctic Fjord is 275 feet in length with a horsepower of 6040 and a frozen cargo of 930 tons. At a maximum capacity, she holds 125 crewmembers. Our company's most important asset is our employees; thus, we have a strong commitment to provide all employees with a positive and productive work environment with opportunities for personal growth and satisfaction.
We are always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you are interested in working for a premier US fishing and surimi processing company, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
We are currently looking for a seafood processor with one year of experience (preferred) to work on board our catcher processor vessel. As a processor, you will be working on the production line where the smell of fish is always present and speed and accuracy are required.
Our employees work 12 to 16 hours per day, 7 days a week. Contract lengths vary depending upon the season and production needs. Successful employees will have the opportunity to extend for additional trips. There are no room and board charges while employed on our vessels. The bunking arrangements are modest, with 4 to 8 crewmembers per room.
All crewmembers are paid on a crew share basis (percentage of the value of the catch). Crewmembers accept financial risk when signing.
We are looking for hard working individuals who can handle tough conditions far from friends and family. The hours are long, and the work is hard and often tedious. We believe that hard work and a positive attitude should be rewarded, and we offer incentive bonuses to our most productive workers and we promote from within whenever possible.
Safety is a major concern at ASMG. As a crewmember, you will participate in frequent safety drills and meetings, and you must follow all safety rules and regulations. Your safety awareness and participation are part of your success aboard our vessels.
- Converts raw product into a processed, marketable product
- Sorts fish; tends and operates processing machines; inspects product; loads and unloads freezers; weighs, packages and labels product; and loads/unloads product and other supplies on/off the ship
- Cleans the processing area on a regular basis
- Performs other duties as required
- At least one year of experience preferred
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of this position, which includes working 12-16 hours per day/seven days a week performing tasks that are physically and mentally demanding and being at sea for extended periods
- Must be able to take and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must be able to provide proof of employment eligibility in the United States
Please apply at:
Arctic Storm Management Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.