Frame and Art Display Production Fabricator
Artech is the Pacific Northwest's premier fine arts logistics company, with a large operation spanning installation, transportation, storage, consulting, and production. Artech provides our clients access to a global network of industry professionals and is a leader in the field of art handling specializing in the latest, state-of-the-art techniques for the preservation of art investments. Artech's long-standing reputation of quality and professionalism in fine art services is world-renowned.
Frame and Art Display Production Fabricator, Artech Inc
The Frame and Art Display Production Fabricator works with internal teams to produce high-quality custom frames and display units for fine art. This role is responsible for applying Artech’s high standards to every project and maintaining quality control of Artech’s products. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week Mon-Fri and based in Renton WA.
• Fabricate custom wood frames using a variety of techniques and shop tools including sawing, milling, sanding, joining, and finishing frames.
• Meet production deadlines and quality control for all in-house woodshop fabrication.
• Prepare estimates and assist in the design of complicated projects, pedestals, shelves, boxes, cases, etc.
• Apply finishes on various types of wood and substrates, attaining a close match with showroom samples.
• Structure efficient production techniques that are effective in a collaborative workshop.
• Maintain accurate inventory of all rough hardwood, plywood, pre-milled profile length, and stock items.
• Ensure maintenance and upkeep of equipment and maintain a safe and clean woodshop.
• Research and explore new materials, processes, and equipment.
• Inspect final piece and work with internal teams to resolve any quality issues.
• Review and adhere to work order specifications conferring with designer, project manager and/or technical resources as needed.
• Perform occasional site visits with clients to determine appropriate presentation of their collection as needed.
• Meet with design and production teams on a regular basis to discuss work flow and provide status updates.
• Provide exceptional care for client art works from intake to final delivery by strictly adhering to Artech standards and practices.
• Other responsibilities as required to meet job expectations or as assigned.
• Thorough knowledge of tight-tolerance woodworking design and construction.
• Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize.
• Proven experience with all common woodshop tools and equipment.
• Ability to lift and carry 70lbs and work standing 8 hours.
• Ability to utilize the appropriate personal protective equipment such as gloves, eye protection, hearing protection, dust mask, and respirator as needed.
• Demonstrated aptitude in the craft and desire to increase skill set, research new methods, and adapt to client requirements on a project basis.
• Ability to adhere to predefined work flows and production deadlines in a shared space.
• Excellent problem solving skills with aptitude for solving problems both before and during manufacture.
• Ability to work collaboratively with team members across the organization.
• Detail oriented with uncompromising attention to quality.
• Organizational skills and self-management demonstrated in the workplace.
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to interpret work orders and working drawings.
• Creativity, professionalism, and enthusiasm to tackle challenges.
• Valid Washington driver's license or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
• Must pass full background check.
3+ years in a fine wood working production environment (framing, furniture making, cabinetry, etc)
Proficiency with HVLP and hand finishing, wood species and woodworking terminology.
Art handling experience and frame or furniture production preferred
Creativity, professionalism, and enthusiasm to tackle challenges.
A valid Washington driver's license or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
Must pass full background check.
Compensation: $60K-$65K, health, vision, dental, life insurance benefits, 401k match, vacation accrual, employee discount