Release Engineer Manager #666238BRBest Buy Co
Best Buy Co., Inc. in Seattle, WA has multiple openings for a Release Engineer Manager.
- To lead the continuous transformation of Best Buy release processes and systems for rapidly growing e-commerce platform, including mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange, inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems
- Plan the automation road map and present to the stakeholders and leadership team;
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to determine automation can benefit each party;
- Assist in prioritizing tasks and unblocking obstacles as project progresses;
- Manage the building and deployment of code for complex software to environments to support release process;
- Code applications in both web and service oriented environments using scripting languages including Java, Swift, Shell, Perl, Python, and Ruby;
- Coordinate development teams to resolve conflicts with code;
- Direct modifications of existing software to correct errors, adapt to new devices and improve performance;
- Lead the resolution of code related performance issues utilizing Java, Linux, TCP/IP, Apache and automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ant and Maven;
- Manage app deployments for Quality Assurance and Stage environments;
- Provide technical expertise in e-commerce to support release processes and systems for e-commerce platform and associated applications; and ensure timely resolution of critical/complex problems with different platforms in multiple environments, including necessary communication including project management, business stakeholders and operations;
- Lead the team in maintaining infrastructure used by mobile builds and testing processes;
- Updating OS, 3rd party libraries and all down-stream dependencies;
- Performing poc on new build systems and distribution systems to improve ci/cd process; and administering code repos for build notifications, approvals for branching strategy, merge and pull request requirements;
- Manage Android and iOS automation team (on site and off-shore) and support team members with career development;
- Serve as technical resource to the leadership team (home app(s), retail, and digital assistant) to advise on processes and design implementations.
M.S. degree in Engineering Management, plus two (2) years of experience creating and maintaining automation processes and CI/CD environments for apps on multiple platforms; creating Automated Test Suites to bridge gaps in processes, as well as mocks to help with testing and development; and managing backlogs for automation, CI/CD, and roadmaps; and setting up CI/CD build pipelines based on the environment.
Experience must include at least one year of experience working in the consumer retail industry building Jenkins servers in a Linux environment, CI/CD for multiple projects and integrated quality, creating UI test suite using Espresso, and maintaining automation backlogs and roadmaps.