Open Date: September 20, 2022
Close Date: Open Until Filled, First Review will be October 4, 2022
The City of Ellensburg has a vacancy in the Finance Department for an Applications Specialist.
We are looking for a dynamic professional who will take initiative in moving projects and teams to success using their knowledge and experience with databases, utility billing or enterprise resource planning systems, and complex business processes to increase the City’s capacity to better serve our residents. In addition to regular day-to-day tasks and ongoing support of the City’s current systems, the position will immediately begin work as a core project team member on the City’s utility billing system replacement project beginning implementation in Q4 2022.
The primary duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following: monitor, analyze, design, implement and support certain software applications and related business processes, forecast resource needs, recommend alternatives, facilitate acquisitions and/or upgrades; provide excellent customer service to City departments through the management and support of financial and customer information systems, software applications, and services to users. This position is expected to be the subject matter expert for the FMS and CIS software applications as well as all related programs. Due to the nature of the assigned duties, this position requires a high level of confidentiality, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
This is a full-time, benefited position. Benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance; Retirement under the Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), and vacation, sick leave, holidays, exempt leave and employee choice days.
Salary: $5,923- $7,897/month (FLSA Exempt) plus excellent benefits
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in Information Technology and Administrative Management (ITAM), Computer Science (CS), Accounting, or another educational track that provides a proficient understanding of database management, including Access, Excel, SQL, etc.
- At least two (2) years of experience working with complex relational databases
- An equivalent combination of education, training and or experience may be considered
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or other similar FMS system and CIS software
- Previous experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Budget and Accounting Reporting Systems for municipalities (BARS)
- Government or other public sector work experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid State driver's license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment, and maintain insurable driving record
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification, or ability to obtain within six (6) months
Due to the nature of this position, prior to hire the candidate must agree to a credit check and be in good credit standing, have no debts currently assigned to collections, and a history that reflects no pattern of credit instability. The applicant/employee must not have or receive a pending garnishment or judgment which may cause undue hardship while employed with this agency, with the exception of child support. The hiring authority shall review the applicant’s credit history and determine eligibility for employment on a case-by-case basis. Prior to hire, the candidate is required to pass a background check.
To view a complete job description with detailed duties, responsibilities, and necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities and information on how to apply, visit the employment section of our website at www.ci.ellensburg.wa.us. This position is Open Until Filled. First review will take place on 10/04/2022. EOE.