Crime and Intelligence Analyst
Crime and Intelligence Analyst
Open: February 22, 2023
Closes: March 31, 2023
Job Title: Crime and Intelligence Analyst
The City of Ellensburg has a current vacancy for a Crime and Intelligence Analyst.
Come join the City of Ellensburg Police Department Team as a Crime and Intelligence Analyst. You will be joining an enthusiastic department while being able to serve the City of Ellensburg Community. This position will use data analytics and other administrative processes to help facilitate crime reduction in the City of Ellensburg.
The Crime and Intelligence Analyst is primarily responsible for research, data validation, analysis, and developing/executing detailed reports that will help inform decision makers. The Analyst uses critical thinking skills to identify patterns, trends, and other details from multiple information sources to provide valuable information to EPD officers, leadership, and City Council.
- Receive, gather, analyze, and organize information from multiple sources.
- Ensure completeness of received information and reconcile inconsistencies.
- Establish and maintain a digital repository for all data files and analytical outputs.
- Select relevant information from a variety of sources in order to prepare documents, reports, summaries, and replies to inquiries, ensuring accuracy and proper format of the information provided.
- Coordinate requests for additional information as needed.
- Perform word processing relevant to case.
- Provide accurate and timely status updates.
This is a full-time, benefited position. Benefits include medical, dental, life and disability insurance; retirement under the Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); VEBA, paid time off (PTO), holidays, and employee choice days.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
This is a Civil Service Position. Applicants who submit a completed City of Ellensburg application form by the closing date of MARCH 31, 2023, will be required to compete in an in-person examination. The testing date is currently scheduled for 4/18/23.
Salary: $6,262- $7,051 / month
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a significant amount of coursework in one or more of the following: criminal justice, computer science, sociology, research methodologies (e.g., statistics), public administration, social justice or systems, urban planning, political sciences, and/or other social sciences (e.g., psychology).
- Two (2) years of planning and research analysis and/or applied social science research experience. Must have knowledge of, and experience conducting, statistical analysis, research methods, data collection, coding, survey research, and database management.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Certifications in Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Power BI)
- Certifications in data science, analysis and/or computer languages (e.g., SQL, Python)
- Certifications in geospatial tools (e.g., ArcGIS)
- Certifications in data visualization software (e.g., Tableau) § Experience with statistical application programs (such as SPSS, SAS, R, etc.) and relational databases, geospatial analysis and/or cartography, advanced use of spreadsheets and data modeling, and other analytical software (e.g., business intelligence tools)
- Affiliation with professional intelligence or crime analysis membership organization, such as the International Association of Crime Analysts (IACA), International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts (IALEIA), and/or the Society of Certified Criminal Analysts (SCCA)
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Proficiency in the use of computers and related equipment, hardware, and software to maintain multiple databases and spreadsheets, specifically Microsoft Office, SPILLMAN, or other Report Management Systems (RMS) is required.
Must pass an extensive background check, polygraph, and psychological evaluation prior to hiring. Must agree to a credit check and be in good credit standing having no debts currently assigned to collections with a history that reflects no pattern of credit instability. The hiring authority shall determine the status of applicant’s credit history on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this position and to review a complete job description with detailed review of the duties, responsibilities, and necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities, please visit the employment section our website at www.ci.ellensburg.wa.us. This position closes 3/31/2023. EOE.