Operations Supervisor (Light Division)
Open Date: May 17, 2023
Close Date: Open Until Filled – first review will take place June 1, 2023
The City of Ellensburg has a vacancy for an Operations Supervisor in the Light Division of our Public Works and Utilities Department. We are looking for an individual that will support the department’s goals and objectives which is to deliver safe, reliable, efficient, and economical electrical service to customers through courteous and cooperative teamwork.
This position is responsible for planning, directing, and supervising the daily operation, maintenance, and construction of the City’s electrical distribution system in a safe, collaborative, and professional manner. The person in this position will assist the Assistant Utilities Director as assigned.
This is a full-time, FLSA exempt, benefited position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Retirement under the Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), VEBA, Paid Time Off (PTO), holidays, exempt leave, and employee choice days.
Salary: $9,962 - $11,272/month – FLSA Exempt
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Science, or another field related to the essential functions of the job.
- Journey-level Certification as a Lineperson or Electrician.
- Five (5) years of experience in utility operations or another closely related field applying construction standards, practices, procedures, techniques, materials, safety rules, regulations, and engineering principles as they apply to the operation, maintenance, and construction of an electrical distribution system.
- Three (3) years of direct supervisory experience, including the duties listed in “Supervisory Responsibilities” above.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be substituted if it provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to accomplish the essential duties and responsibilities of the Operations Supervisor position.
- Must possess a valid Washington State driver's license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment; must maintain an insurable driving record.
- Must be a current qualified electric employee per OSHA 1910.269 and WAC 296-45 or must be obtained within a reasonable timeframe as approved by the Assistant Utilities Director.
- Current Flagging and First Aid/CPR/AED certifications or must be obtained within six (6) months of employment.
To apply for this position and to review a complete job description with detailed review of the duties, responsibilities, and necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities, please visit the employment section our website at www.ci.ellensburg.wa.us. This position is open until filled. FIRST REVIEW WILL TAKE PLACE 6/1/23. EOE.