Budget Analyst - City of KirklandCity of Kirkland
Budget Analyst - City of Kirkland ( Job # 19-0123)
Maximum Salary: $7,162.00 per month
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Finance & Administration
Open until filled.
(Open to current employees and the general public.)
The Budget Analyst position supports development, implementation and monitoring of the City budget and Capital Improvement Program and performs various budget analyses. Performs a variety of research and analysis of budgetary issues and prepares reports of findings and recommendations. Assists in development and balancing of City budget and capital improvement program and prepares and reviews revenue and expenditure projections and assumptions. Provides technical assistance and training to departments concerning budget and accounting issues. Conducts ongoing monitoring of City revenues and expenditures and provides analysis of trends, culminating in periodic reports on City’s financial performance and annual report on City’s financial condition. Coordinates the City's franchise and right of way (ROW) lease process.
A completed application must include:
- completed supplemental questions
- a resume and cover letter; please note how you meet minimum qualifications within that letter
- a list of 3 to 5 professional references
Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
This opportunity includes a full benefit package: medical/dental vision for employee and dependents, deferred compensation plan, 2x annual salary life insurance, vacation and sick leave accruals, paid holidays, free on-site parking, on site work-out facility.Hours of Work
40 hours/week. Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, or closely related field.
- Two years professional level experience in budget or accounting.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Thorough knowledge of financial management principles and municipal budgeting practices.
- Knowledge of governmental fund accounting principles and practices and financial reporting standards.
- Advanced skill in the use of spreadsheet software and related graphics capabilities.
- Ability to develop charts, graphs, and other explanatory materials as needed.
- Knowledge of database and report-writing software.
- Ability to communicate complex financial information verbally and in writing.
Work is conducted in a typical office setting. Position typically requires extended periods of sitting while performing keyboard operations.Selection Process
Applicants who are invited to participate in the interview process will be notified by phone or email.
- Tentative date of testing is October 15, 2019
- Interviews are tentavely scheduled for October 25, 2019
While final selection will not occur until after closing, screening may commence prior to the closing date.
123 5th Ave
Kirkland, WA 98033