Chief Information Officer - City of KirklandCity of Kirkland
Chief Information Officer - City of Kirkland ( Job # 19-0112)
Maximum Salary: $14,302.00 per month
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Information Technology
Open until filled.. Applications first reviewed on: Monday, August 12, 2019
(Open to current employees and the general public.)
The City of Kirkland, Washington is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief Information Officer (CIO). The City of Kirkland is a full service City with a Council/City Manager form of government. This position reports directly to the City Manager.
The CIO is the Director of the Information Technology Department and manages Information Technology functions in accordance with professional and administrative standards, municipal ordinances, industry best practices, and general established policies. Helps the City Council, City Manager’s Office, and city staff use technology to achieve their goals. The CIO is also responsible for keeping existing and necessary city technology and communications systems operational, keeping city data safe, secure, and available, and for helping the City upgrade existing and implement new technology as appropriate.
For more information, reference the attached Recruitment Brochure .
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, Public Administration or related discipline. Ten (10) years progressively responsible professional level experience involving system implementation and maintenance, IT security, project management, IT governance, and effective staff leadership. Work experience must include at least five (5) years in a supervisory capacity. Equivalent combination of experience and certification to successfully perform the essential duties of the job will be considered. Strong communications skills, both verbal and written. Ability to use discretion in handling high level confidential information. Preferred capabilities include experience with geographic information systems, communications tools.
Finalist candidate(s) must complete a background check in compliance with Washington State law.Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in applicable technology or business related field
- ITIL certification
- Public Sector Information Technology experience in a unionized environment
The Chief Information Officer is a non-represented position. The position is included in the Management and Confidential (MAC) group.Hours of Work
Hours of work to be mutually agreed upon at time of job offer.Working Conditions
Work is primarily performed in an office environment under time sensitive deadlines which are constantly changing. This position may be called into work on short notice. On infrequent occasions when duties are performed in the field, they are performed at community meetings, Department functions, the emergency operations center or a command post.Compensation and Benefits
The Chief Information Officer has an annual salary of $133,008 to $171,624 depending on experience. The City also offers an attractive benefits package including:
- 100% City-paid Medical/Dental/Vision coverage for employee and dependents
- Free Employee Health Clinic
- City paid Life Insurance ($250K cap up to $350K with evidence of insurability)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) funded by the City, with additional contributions for meeting wellness criteria
- PERS State retirement program
- Flexible Spending Account
- ORCA Transit Pass
- Municipal Employee’s Benefit Trust (MEBT) with matching City contribution
- ICMA Retirement Trust
- Vacation – 20 days per year, 25 days max accrual
- Sick – 8 hours per month
- Holiday – 12 days per year (including one floating holiday)
- 50 hours of management leave per year
- Community Service Day (day off for community volunteer service)
- Free on-site workout facility
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Car Allowance - $225
Interested applicants must submit a resume (3 pages maximum) and a cover letter (1 page maximum) detailing your experience, leadership style, and why you are interested in this position.
Completed packets are due by 5pm on August 12, 2019 to be considered as part of the first review of candidates. Interviews will occur in late August or early September 2019.
123 5th Ave
Kirkland, WA 98033