On-Call Judicial Support Associate I - City of KirklandCity of Kirkland
On-Call Judicial Support Associate I - City of Kirkland ( Job # 19-0098)
Maximum Salary: $25.96 per hour
Employment Type: On-Call
Department: Municipal Court
Open until filled.. Applications first reviewed on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019
(Open to current employees and the general public.)
Judicial Support Associate I is responsible for performing entry-level clerical work in support of the Municipal Court. The duties require public relation involvement, judgment and organizational skills. Work is performed under supervision, however, as employee becomes familiar with procedures, they work independently and are given more technical duties requiring independent and unsupervised judgment and decision making, subject to review as deemed advisable.
- Provides customer service over the telephone or through correspondence. Responsibilities include maintaining confidentiality, tact, and providing accurate information to the public, defendants, attorneys, and other agencies about case information, Municipal Court policies, procedures, and schedules.
- Remains flexible to changing priorities, exercises attention to detail, demonstrates initiative and performs tasks to completion in a high-volume environment.
- Provides for accurate information and assistance to all levels of court customers, including attorneys, prosecutors, law enforcement, defendants, victims, state agencies, etc.
- Accurately evaluate case status and relay pertinent information to appropriate parties in accordance with laws, rules, court policies, and procedures.
- Accurately inputs case information into computer system.
- Accurately process payments received in the mail and balance at the end of the day.
- Process and distribute all incoming mail.
- Performs routine filing of completed court documents and court files. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the court distribution center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalency.
- One year clerical experience desired.
- Minimum one-year computer experience.
- Must type/keyboard 40 w.p.m.
- Must possess good customer service skills.
One year court experience preferred.Hours of Work
Note: This is an on-call position with a variable work schedule to fill-in as needed. Assignments, when made, vary from 4 hours, to days, weeks, and sometimes, months. Time between assignments can vary by the same. Assignments are of a limited duration and are not a consistent source of income. Schedule will vary within the regular business hours of 8:00 am- 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
Working Conditions & Physical Activities
Situations do involve interaction with hostile, belligerent, or mentally disabled customers, and exposure to hazardous situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use arms, hands, and fingers to reach, handle, feel, or operate objects, materials, tools, equipment, or controls. Frequently required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Occasionally required to lift in excess of 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Selection Process
Please note how you meet the position qualifications in your cover letter.
Applicants who are invited to participate in the test and/or interview process will be notified by phone or email.
11740 NE 118th Street
Kirkland, WA 98034