Police Support Associate Supervisor - City of KirklandCity of Kirkland
Police Support Associate Supervisor - City of Kirkland ( Job # 19-0068)
Maximum Salary: $7,542.00 per month
Employment Type: Full Time
Open until filled.
(Open to current employees and the general public.)
Performs a variety of administrative, supervisory, and technical tasks related to record keeping within the Police Department Records Unit:
- Supervises all records management functions to ensure compliance with KPD policies and procedures as well as local/state/federal regulations and requirements.
- Responsible for the supervision, documentation, and dissemination of all departmental public disclosure requests
- Schedules staffing for the Records unit. Monitors performance, development, and efficiency of assigned staff, ensure staff workload is fairly distributed, conducts annual evaluation of assigned staff, recommends discipline as appropriate. Participates in the hiring of new Police Support Associates.
- Ensures adherence to regulations and requirements pertaining to records retention and destruction of records
- Prepares annual reports, maintains accreditation standards for the Unit, develops procedures and standards, monitors and orders supplies, submits budget recommendations for Records Unit equipment and personnel
- Performs the duties of a Police Support Associate
- Reviews staff case entries, monitors departmental records entries, keeps up-to-date on the RMS system.
- Schedules and facilitates Records Unit staff meetings
Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Must have 2 years prior computer and/or data entry experience. Minimum two years experience as a Police Support Associate or similar position. Must be able to keyboard and operate general office equipment and related systems.
Advanced communication skills (both verbal and written) to effectively explain Records Unit procedures to a diverse audience and to build and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external customers. Must have the ability to supervise and motivate staff and to consistently apply effective supervision principles. Must have the ability to effectively utilize software programs such as Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and the Records Management System (RMS). Must possess strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
Must be able to obtain a police security clearance including polygraph, psychological, and background prior to hire.Preferred Qualifications
Previous supervisory experience in a law enforcement environment desirable.Hours of Work
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. A flexible work schedule may be available upon mutual agreement.Working Conditions & Physical Activities
Work is performed in a typical office environment with moderate noise level and numerous interruptions. Work includes assisting officers, KPD supervisors, staff, and providing customer service to citizens. Conditions are stressful at times and occasionally involve interaction with irate and emotionally distraught individuals.Union Affiliation
The Police Support Associate Supervisor is an exempt, management position within the Management and Confidential (MAC) group.Selection Process
Applicants who are invited to participate in the test and/or interview process will be notified by phone or email.
Finalist(s) will be required to complete a background check.
Kirkland Justice Center
11750 NE 118th Street