The City of Seattle is seeking candidates for a Developer in our HR and Finance Applications team within Seattle Information Technology (Seattle IT). This role will have support responsibilities for Seattle licensing Information Management (SLIM), Seattle Electronic Filing System (SELF), FileLocal, Questica and other various custom applications.
As a city, Seattle is known as a progressive leader in technology, innovation, and the environment. As an employer, the City of Seattle is leading local government in environmental stewardship and social justice among other things, making our city what it is today and shaping our exciting future. The organization’s workforce plays a critical role in making this possible.
Seattle IT is a trusted partner that provides secure, reliable, and compliant technologies enabling the City of Seattle to deliver equitable and responsive services to the residents of Seattle. This purpose statement is a simple declaration of who we are and why we do our work. It is intended to be a guide that helps us to not lose sight of why we perform everyday tasks or to invest effort to solve difficult problems. It emphasizes that our existence as a department is to support our City partners. It reminds us that we are part of a larger organization that collectively is working to improve the lives of the residents of our city. The 600+ strong professionals in Seattle IT are involved in the full spectrum of a modern IT enterprise offering many dynamic career opportunities. We hope you’ll join.
- Work with business analysts and/or users to perform technical analysis options and estimates for both operational maintenance and enhancement requests.
- Code, test, troubleshoot and document system issues and modifications, both for new development as well as maintenance.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and support vendor supported financial applications.
- Design and support interfaces between SLIM, SELF, FileLocal and related systems.
- Develop and maintain finance reports and queries.
- Provide peer quality assurance reviews on code and program modifications to ensure system internal controls and technical standards are maintained.
- Translate business requirements into clear and concise technical documentation.
- Prepare scalable, robust, and flexible design documents, both conceptual and detailed.
- Contribute to technical standards and procedures.
- Must show ability to multi-task as needed.
- Proactively and effectively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to determine information needs and development requirements.
- Collaborate with business analysts and subject matter experts to analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- May require some after hours on call support
- Other duties as assigned commensurate with an ITP-B, BU level
Equivalent combinations of education/experience/training will be considered for the required qualifications except where specifically noted.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Five years’ of software development experience using standard platform and tools.
- Five years’ experience working with vendor applications (SaaS/COTS)
- Three years’ experience developing REST and/or SOAP APIs. REST
- Demonstrated experience with source control mediums
- Experience working a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), agile, Azure DevOps, kanban.
- Experience with Service ticketing systems
- Demonstrated experience with AWS and Azure cloud development and/or administration. AWS is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with ASP.Net core development.
- Experience with Microsoft Access, PowerBuilder (version 2019 preferred), SQL Server (and SSIS) 2016 or higher
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft 9.2 is a plus.
- Ability to build trust and engagement with executives, customers, peers and team.
- Seize opportunities to learn.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, changing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a professional team
- Ability to be innovative, resourceful, reliable
- Understand the importance of teamwork, building relationships and facilitation.
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables while maintaining schedule commitments.
- Experience creating strong working relationships with co-workers in business units, technology teams and across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a project team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to convey technical information to non-technical staff or customers; commitment to excellent customer service; outstanding customer relationship skills.
- Proven ability to proactively solve problems and recommend solutions. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Process orientation with strong attention to detail.
- High energy; able to deal with demanding pace and changing priorities and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use good judgment and discretion, and interact with diverse workforce within the City and customer base.
Please submit your resume and cover letter along with your online application at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/.
Employees of the City of Seattle enjoy competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package generous leave programs, and the satisfaction of doing work that helps make Seattle a great place to live, work, and play. Explore City of Seattle – Benefits at a Glance (Download PDF reader) for more information.
Workplace Environment (Telework Expectation): Most work is performed in a normal City work/office environment; however, due to the ongoing pandemic this team is working remotely. This is subject to change as circumstances dictate.
All City of Seattle employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Failure to submit proof of vaccination or qualify for a reasonable accommodation will result in withdrawal of the job offer.
NOTE: Employment contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive background investigation in compliance with Seattle’s Fair Change Employment Ordinance SMC 14.17.
This position is open to all candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. The City of Seattle values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The Department encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences. Accommodations for people with disabilities are provided on request.
- City of Seattle
- Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500
Seattle, Washington, 98104