Demand Management Program Manager
Demand Management Program Manager
Are you a strategic problem solver, someone that is passionate about public service and is ready to partner with executives and drive impactful work? If so, we are looking for you! Seattle Information Technology (IT) is seeking candidates for our Demand Management Program Manager opening within the Security & Infrastructure Division.
As a city, Seattle is known as a dynamic leader in technology, innovation, and the environment. As an employer, we are a leading local government in environmental stewardship and social justice among other things, making our City what it is today and shaping our exciting future. The organization’s workforce plays a meaningful role in making this possible.
Seattle IT is trusted partner that provides secure, reliable, and compliant technologies enabling the City of Seattle to deliver equitable and adaptable services who live, work, and play in Seattle. Our existence as a department is to support our City partners. Seattle IT manages the City’s technology infrastructure, applications, services, programs, and projects. The 600+ strong professionals in Seattle IT are involved in a full spectrum IT enterprise offering many dynamic career opportunities.
As the Demand Management Program Manager, you will provide insight into the pipeline of potential projects that represent the execution of our strategic plan. In this role, you will report to the Business Director in Security and Infrastructure and be part of the Resilience and Service Delivery team. You will facilitate multi-functional reviews of ideas, project requests, and business cases.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Strategic Portfolio Leadership
- Entry point to S&I for larger bodies of work such as: Capital projects, projects requiring multiple teams in S&I, O&M Cross division or cross department efforts, consult on new work. Document initial scope, requirements, timeline, and resource needs. Work with resource managers on timing, LOE and costs. Ensure work is properly managed
- Assist prioritizing work within the division with leadership in accordance with strategic goals. Document technical and non-technical functions
- Raise issues and blockers to appropriate leadership levels and drive problem resolution
- Review proposals or plans to determine a time frame, funding, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and the assignment of available departmental resources to various project phases.
- Monitor and track several large projects. Provide reports of division work, progress, blockers, issues and risks. Results reporting to leadership
Resource Demand Management
- Manages planning through day-to-day collaboration and decision making and sizing and delivery planning
- Monitors project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of information, while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the organization
- Manages/monitors work for cross department, cross division efforts to set timing and coordination
- Identifies and schedule deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Guide less technical individuals requesting S&I work to introduce them to the needed teams. Determine timing and resources to support efforts that align with the priorities of the department and division
- Set realistic expectations with customers (internal to IT and client departments) about timing, cost and ability of execution
- Partner with the Service Delivery Lead on process engineering to support any new efforts and Architecture, Governance and Standards team to ensure standards, architecture and strategic goals are being met
- Presents options/recommendations clearly and persuasively to support business partner decisions
Demonstrated Knowledge and Experience in the following areas:
- Proven progressive responsibility of IT experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving; successful track record of leading complex projects and program
- Experience creating strong working relationships with customers, peers, vendors, and technology teams across all levels of the organization.
- Experience identifying and documenting risks, opportunities and efficiencies related to assigned work
- Experience leading inclusively in a multi-cultural workplace with a diverse customer base
- Solid understanding of a technology infrastructure environment including network server technologies, database, telecom and contact centers, integrations, cybersecurity risk and security
- Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills. This blend is vital because this is a highly visible position with substantial impact
- Good understanding of current and new technologies, and of how other enterprises are using them to drive digital business
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment in which this role may not directly control resources
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Ability to articulate standards, strategies and priorities of technical initiatives to non-technical people
Why work at the City of Seattle?
The City of Seattle recognizes every City employee must play a role in ending institutional and structural racism. Our culture is the result of our behavior, our personal commitments, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. To cultivate an antiracist culture, we seek employees who will engage in the Race and Social Justice Initiative by working to dismantle racist policies and procedures, unlearn the way things have always been done, and provide equitable processes and services.
Employees of the City of Seattle enjoy competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package generous leave programs, and the satisfaction of doing work that helps make Seattle a great place to live, work, and play! Explore Benefits at a Glance (Download PDF reader) for more information. (Download PDF reader)
Background Check: This hiring process involves a background check of conviction and arrest records in compliance with Seattle's Fair Chance Employment Ordinance, SMC 14.17. Applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain or correct background information.
COVID 19 Vaccination Mandate:
All City of Seattle employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Failure to submit proof of vaccination or qualify for a reasonable accommodation will result in withdrawal of the job offer.
Workplace Environment (Telework Expectation):
City of Seattle Employees must be a Washington state resident. Most work is performed in a normal City work/office environment; however, due to the ongoing pandemic and Covid-19, this team will be working a hybrid schedule (2 days in office and 3 days remotely). This is subject to change as circumstances dictate.
This position is open until filled. The initial review of applications will take place for those submitted by November 15, 2022. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please submit your resume and cover letter along with your online application at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle.
- City of Seattle
- Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500
Seattle, Washington, 98104