The City of Seattle is seeking qualified candidates for the position of IT M365 Administrator with Seattle Information Technology (IT).
As a city, Seattle is known as a progressive leader in technology, innovation, and the environment. As an employer, the City of Seattle is leading local government in environmental stewardship and social justice amongst other things, making our city what it is today and shaping our exciting future. The organization’s workforce plays a critical in making this possible.
Seattle IT is the technology backbone of the City of Seattle’s complex operations and its ability to deliver a wide array of services for the residents of Seattle. The 600+ strong professionals in Seattle IT are involved in the full spectrum of a modern IT enterprise offering many dynamic career opportunities. Our vision is simple: be a Best-in-Class digital services delivery team and set best practices for others to follow.
This position reports to the Workplace Productivity Supervisor Seattle IT. By collaborating with fellow Digital Workplace M365 team members, this individual will assist in building Seattle IT into a Best-in-Class digital service delivery team through:
- Primary role will be administration and management of the existing M365 & WebEx Suites.\
- Role requires advance information technology knowledge, including: M365 suite, Active Directory, Desktop Operating Systems, Server Operating Systems, Security, Networking, Applications, PowerShell Scripting, and Query-building skills.
- Ensure Seattle IT can support mission critical applications within Collaboration and Workplace Technologies Division (architecture, education and training, operational support, implementation, delivery excellence, customer service, aligns with City of Seattle ITSM standards, etc.)
- Support city customers leveraging M365 Modern Workplace tools such as:
- Outlook 2016 / Web Access/ Mobile
- Exchange Online
- Microsoft Teams
- M365 Forms
- M365 Video/ Microsoft Stream
- M365 Planner / To-Do
- Azure AD Objects
- Ensure support and maintenance of applications owned by the team meets service level expectations
- Create and continually refine the roadmap for these technologies.
- Communicate effectively and build strong working relationships with Citywide customers on technical and business tasks.
- Deliver to department’s executive leadership technical knowledge, data, best practices, and recommendations for decision making.
- Partner with various entities throughout the City on Citywide challenges (Governance, IT Projects, Cloud Adoption, Modernization of Digital Workplace M365, etc.)
- Consult with the City’s various departments on the capabilities and usage of Workplace Productivity & Automation applications.
- Performing other related projects and duties as assigned commensurate to classification level.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education, experience and/or training will be considered for the recruitment qualifications.
- Five (5) years' experience providing technical support within a complex large organization.
- Three (3) years’ experience of core M365\SharePointOnline\ExchangeOnline\AzureActiveDirectory\Intune\Webex suites of desktop applications, cloud services and expert knowledge of M365\WebEx User Administration.
- Extensive experience with email transport, email hygiene and email security.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory (AD) and multi-forest AD environments.
- Expert understanding of scripting and leveraging Microsoft PowerShell for AD / Exchange /Teams / M365 management.
- Experience managing or working with SaaS applications.
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables while maintaining schedule commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- High energy, able to deal with demanding pace and quickly changing priorities; ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff or customers. Demonstrated technical writing ability.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use good judgment and discretion, and interact with diverse workforce within the City and customer base.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff or customers.
- Demonstrated technical writing ability.
- Ability to interact with diverse workforce within the City and customer base.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong business ethics and work ethic.
- Basic Project management skills, i.e.: and ability to use MS Project or similar tools to help teams visualize project phases and work breakdown structure.
- Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, computer science, Information Technology Management, economics, or a related field.
- Experience using Quest Active Roles Services (ARS) for AD User and Group automation and management tasks.
- Five (5) years' experience leading and/or managing process improvement within complex high change impact projects and providing planning & strategic recommendations for executive management or elected officials.
- Certification in one the following: M365 Fundamentals \ M365 Teamwork Administrator Associate\ M365 Team Administrator Associate \ M365 Messaging Administrator Associate \ M365 Enterprise Administrator Expert Certification
- Able to engage with all levels of an organization, including executive and senior-level staff and front-line staff.
- Ability to move easily between leading, supporting, designing, developing, implementing roles.
- Ability to execute, design and deliver a Continuous Process Improvement program in a large, complex environment.
- Demonstrable experience of process reengineering with diverse stakeholders and use of technology.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing process improvement strategies, validating positive results through the establishment of performance tracking capabilities.
Employees of the City of Seattle enjoy competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package generous leave programs, and the satisfaction of doing work that helps make Seattle a great place to live, work, and play. Explore City of Seattle – Benefits at a Glance (Download PDF reader) for more information.
NOTE: This position is covered by a collective bargaining unit; International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 77.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application, resume, and cover letter to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/
Employment contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive background investigation in compliance with Seattle's Fair Change Employment Ordinance 14.17. This position is open to all candidates who meet the minimum qualifications. The Seattle Information Technology Department values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status.
- City of Seattle
- Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500
Seattle, Washington, 98104