M365 Engineer (ITP-B, BU)
M365 Engineer (ITP-B, BU)
Salary $45.44 - $68.20 Hourly
Location Seattle, WA
Job Type Classified Civil Service, Regular, Full-Time
Department Seattle Information Technology
Job Number 2023-00529
Closing 4/4/2023 4:00 PM Pacific
Seattle Department of Information Technology (IT) is seeking applicants for an M365 Engineer (Info Technol Professional-B, BU). In this role you will be primarily responsible for engineering solutions around the M365 SaaS platform and an integral part of the Digital Workplace Team. This position works with the Workplace Productivity Manager in the Collaboration and Workplace Technologies division.
As a city, Seattle is known as a progressive leader in technology, innovation, and the environment. As an employer the City of Seattle is leading local government in environmental stewardship and social justice among other things, making our city what it is today and shaping our exciting future. The organization’s workforce plays a critical role in making this possible.
Seattle IT is a trusted partner that provides secure, reliable, and compliant technologies enabling the city to deliver equitable and responsive services to the community. This purpose statement is a simple declaration of who we are and why we do our work. It is intended to be a guide that helps us to not lose sight of why we perform everyday tasks or to invest effort to solve difficult problems. It emphasizes that our existence as a department is to support our city partners. It reminds us that we are part of a larger organization that collectively is working towards improving the lives of the residents of our city. The 600+ strong professionals in Seattle IT are involved in the full spectrum of a modern IT enterprise offering many dynamic career opportunities. We hope you’ll join us.
Coordinate with the team lead or supervisor with managing team projects, including the design and rollout of new products and features. Redesigning current configurations to better align with best practice, security principals, or organization needs. Documentation of M365 and related systems. Share knowledge among the team as well as with various teams across IT. Collaborate with various teams in IT or departments to gather requirements or provide insights on M365 platform. Expanding knowledge of M365 platform and related systems via trainings, certifications, Microsoft roadmaps, etc. Assisting with customer requests or issues.
- Investigate new features and offering within M365 and plan roadmap for deployment within City tenant.
- Use Microsoft Graph API, and PowerShell for system automation.
- Configure Teams, Exchange, Forms, Bookings, Planner, To-Do, Whiteboard, and AvePoint backend configurations.
- Limited support and configurations of Azure AD App registrations and 3rd party app deployments.
- Deploy M365 add-ins and MS Teams apps.
- Use Quest Active Roles Services (ARS)\Active Directory native tools for AD User and Group automation and management tasks.
- Monitor Microsoft roadmaps to stay on top of changes and new features.
- Participate in roadmap discussions, reengineering of systems, overall platform design, and roll out of new products or features.
- Work with Microsoft Support on critical issues.
- Triage, troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
- Create\update system documentation.
- Create\update end users and support staff documentation.
- Consult with the City’s various groups on the capabilities and usage of Workplace Productivity & Automation applications.
- Communicate effectively and build strong relationships with citywide customers on technical and business tasks through technical knowledge, experience, standard methodologies\processes, and recommendations for decision making.
- Excellent customer service and communicate effectively with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff or customers.
- Partner with various entities throughout the City on citywide challenges (Governance, IT Projects, Cloud Adoption, Digital Adoption of M365, etc.)
- Partner with communications and digital engagement lead to develop end user training.
- Partner with support staff and facilitate knowledge sharing and training sessions.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education, experience and/or training will be considered for the recruitment qualifications.
- Five (5) years’ experience providing technical support within a sophisticated large organization.
- Three (3) years’ experience administering and configuring M365 SaaS suite of cloud services, user administration, Microsoft Windows and Mac operating systems /PowerShell for Azure AD & Active Directory DS / Exchange / M365 management and automations.
- Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, computer science, Information Technology Management, or a related field.
- (At least one of) M365 Fundamentals \ M365 Teamwork Administrator Associate\ M365 Team Administrator Associate \ M365 Messaging Administrator Associate \ M365 Enterprise Administrator Expert Certification.
- TCP\IP networking and DNS protocols.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of M365 identity and security technologies. (MFA, RBAC, Conditional Access, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of M365 collaboration technologies (MS Teams, Exchange, M365 Groups, SharePoint Online, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability of basic project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work while maintaining schedule commitments, working independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Visio\Planner\Office Suite.
- Proficient in Microsoft Graph & Microsoft PowerShell.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of integrity and commitment to ethical behavior and conduct.
- High energy: able to deal with demanding pace and constantly evolving priorities; ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use good judgment and discretion, and interact with diverse workforce within the City.
- Ability to pass NERC\CJIS certifications within six months of hire.
- Advanced understanding of data governance technologies in M365. (AIP, MIP, DLP, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability leading and/or managing process improvement within sophisticated high change impact projects and providing planning & strategic recommendations for executive management or elected officials.
- Able to engage with all levels of an organization, including executive and senior-level staff and front-line staff.
- Ability to move easily between leading, supporting, designing, developing, implementing roles.
- Ability to implement, design and deliver a continuous process improvement program in a large, sophisticated environment.
- Demonstrated experience of process reengineering with diverse customers and use of technology.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing process improvement strategies, validating positive results through the establishment of performance tracking capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience with AvePoint CloudGov management.
- Demonstrated experience with SharePoint Online management.
Why work at the City of Seattle?
The City of Seattle recognizes every City employee must play a role in ending institutional and structural racism. Our culture is the result of our behavior, our personal commitments, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. To cultivate an antiracist culture, we seek employees who will engage in the Race and Social Justice Initiative by working to dismantle racist policies and procedures, unlearn the way things have always been done, and provide equitable processes and services.
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents. More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at: https://www.seattle.gov/human-resources/benefits/employees-and-covered-family-members/most-employees-plans
We encourage you to include a cover letter and resume with your application. We encourage you to use your cover letter to discuss why you want to do this work and how you meet the qualifications for the position. Your resume should summarize the talent, experience, knowledge, and skills you bring to this work. Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/
If you have any questions, please contact Julie Hugill, HR Business Partner, at Julie.Hugill@Seattle.gov.
Workplace Environment: This position offers the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule. Currently, hybrid telework schedules have a minimum requirement of two days onsite per week. Individual schedules will be based on operational needs and agreement between the employee and their supervisor.
This hiring process involves a background check of conviction and arrest records in compliance with Seattle's Fair Chance Employment Ordinance, SMC 14.17. Applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain or correct background information.
Who may apply: This position is open to all qualified candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. The City of Seattle values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The City encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experience.
NOTE: This position is covered by a collective bargaining unit; International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 77. For information explore Local 77’s website.
- City of Seattle
- Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500
Seattle, Washington, 98104