Application Support AdministratorCity Of Walla Walla
NATURE OF POSITION
Performs a variety of detailed technology services affecting the entire organization, that may include analysis and maintenance of the City Network, Mission Critical Servers and their Operating Systems; software identification, procurement, and installation; recommend enterprise software solutions, LAN monitoring and maintenance; and reviewing business technology needs of City operations. Individuals may be assigned or provide back-up to one of the following areas of focus as outlined in the Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Application Administration, Network Administration, or Server Administration.
General direction and oversight is provided by the Director -Technology Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employees of the City of Walla Walla are expected to model and foster the City’s core values: Customer Focus - Excellence – Stewardship - Communication - Leadership - Integrity
- In a multi-server, distributed network environment, perform entire scope of planning, deployment, maintenance and preventative maintenance of necessary equipment and software for its entire lifetime, to ensure application and data availability to City staff and multiple outside agencies.
- Assist in the planning and organization of the Technology Services Department activities; collectively plan, prioritize, set and implement short and long-term work unit goals, projects and the disaster recovery plan.
- Assist in the creation and establishment of the overall department budget.
- Assist with design, implementation and maintenance of remote access solutions that meet specific user criteria for functionality and regulatory requirements (CJIS/FBI).
- Design, implement and maintain LAN/WAN infrastructure and related hardware.
- Identify and recommend computer hardware/software procurement and vendors.
- Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs to identify systems that support specific business objectives; document program features and functions; document steps required to customize computer programs; provide user support for software applications.
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases and other mission-critical systems, documenting all pertinent end user identification information.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-up to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Post software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- May assist with the development and maintenance of network security policies and tools to enforce policies if needed; write login scripts and configure user environment variables for Windows Active Directory and individual application security modules.
- Develop and manage data backup, restore, and disaster recovery plans; respond to after-hours emergencies and call outs.
- May be assigned or provide back-up for one of the following areas of responsibility:
- Application Administration: Enterprise application software security, administration & support; enterprise application software upgrades; training; coordinates on-boarding; technology procurement; and asset management.
- Network Administration: Network engineering including firewalls, gateways, routers, access points, and VPN (Virtual Private Network); cyber security development and administration; phone and internet system; mobile networking.
- Server Administration: Develops server specs and implements hardware, software and security; provides server backup and redundancy planning; manages mission-critical software fail-over systems; manages network storage; and public records requests.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrate punctual, regular and reliable attendance as needed which is essential for successful job performance.
- Present a positive, professional image; maintain cooperative and effective working relationships; assure excellent customer service with internal and external customers.
- Execute assignments, projects and job responsibilities efficiently and within defined timeframes; work independently and effectively with little direction.
- Demonstrate good judgment and employ critical thinking to execute duties, identify issues, seek solutions and recommend improvements in support of departmental goals.
- Provide assistance to staff and higher-level management; participate in resolving operational or interpersonal concerns; participate in training, meetings, and on committees as assigned.
- Respect the value of diversity in the workplace and the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced principles and techniques of system and software analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of the user applications and computing systems.
- Operating systems on computing systems, UNIX; Windows servers, PCs, routers, switches, gateways, mobile devices, fiber detectors, and software used by the City of Walla Walla.
- Data processing operations and security; backup recovery for total system as well as application systems.
- Knowledge of public safety systems (police and fire) and knowledge of specialized information system’s needs.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Principles of adult learning and technical project management skills to coordinate and lead team projects, provide work direction and evaluate training delivery.
- Communicate technical information to users in non-technical and understandable terms.
- Keep abreast of new computing technology; determine/recommend improvements and implement system changes.
- Review hardware and software licensing contracts; work with management to establish agreements that reflect the interests of the partners and the City.
- Prepare system and program documentation, develop operating procedures and training material.
- Implement client-server users and applications; implement and use relational databases.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective, customer and end-user-oriented course of action.
- Application Administration: functional knowledge of Enterprise software; security; analysis and resolution of software issues; testing of vendor supplied software fixes and new releases; software upgrades; and end-user training.
- Network Administration: functional knowledge of Enterprise networking hardware operating systems (HP, Cisco, etc.); IP voice and mobile phone; network design and cyber security best practices.
- Server Administration: functional knowledge of fibre channel storage arrays; HPE ProLiant server deployment; server migration, disaster recovery and redundancy best practices.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Operating systems on computing systems, Windows, UNIX; servers, PCs, HP and Cisco routers, switches, gateways, mobile devices, fiber detectors, and software used by the City of Walla Walla.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard; seeing to assure proper operation of computers and software; hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations; bending at the waist; lifting and moving components weighing up to 50 lbs.; working in confined spaces to pull cables and install other equipment.
Office environment work setting primarily and occasional field work; travel to a variety of locations for site visits or to attend meetings; requires regular use of a telephone and personal computer; work with electrical systems; potential for contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Any combination equivalent to: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field and one-year network administration experience; or associates degree in Computer Science or a closely related field and two years network administration experience; six (6) years’ experience in the computer field with at least four years’ experience in network administration. Valid State driver’s license. Successfully pass FBI/WSP criminal background check.
Bilingual in Spanish.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE:
A completed City application and resume are required to apply. Applications may be found on the Human Resources page of the City of Walla Walla website: https://wallawallawa.gov.
Applicants whose experience most closely meets the requirements of the position will be invited to continue in the selection process which will consist of an oral panel interview, reference inquiries and may include a criminal background check and consumer report. The incumbent will serve a six-month trial service period. Completed application packages can be mailed to:
CITY OF WALLA WALLA-HR
15 N. Third Avenue
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (509) 524-7935.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The City of Walla Walla will provide reasonable accommodation to handicapped applicants if requested. Please notify the Human Resources office at least 5 days prior to the need.
NOTE: The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision contained herein may be modified and/or revoked without notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT EMPLOYER
THE CITY OF WALLA WALLA DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, RELIGION, AGE OR DISABILITY IN EMPLOYMENT OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES.
MINORITIES AND WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.