Teaching Faculty: Managerial Economics, MBACity University of Seattle
Part-time Teaching Faculty: Managerial Economics, MBA
Category: Part-Time Teaching Faculty
Department: School of Management
Location: Seattle, WA
Posted: Aug 6, 2019
Closes: Sep 30, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
About City University of Seattle:
City University of Seattle (CityU) is a distinguished and comprehensive private nonprofit university and an affiliate of the National University System. We are dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. As a pioneer in digital learning, we have been delivering online education for over 40 years. CityU is ranked by the U.S. News & World Report among the top for online bachelor's degree programs, and among the top online programs for veterans in the U.S. CityU prides itself on having a completion rate of twice the national average according to data from the Chronicle of Higher Education.
CityU has over 20 locations in the Northwest and worldwide. Many of our degree, certificate and endorsement programs are offered online, in-person, mixed-mode and in performance-based formats. Aside from its flagship campus and headquarters in Seattle, CityU offers programs in Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Mexico, Slovakia, Switzerland, and Vietnam.
MBA 531 Managerial Economics
Organizations of the future must be able to adapt rapidly to a dynamic economic environment. Strategy, stakeholders, and information-based decision-making are the most important elements of managerial economics in a strategic systems organizational environment. Within this context, the course will provide an in-depth analysis of demand and supply market pricing and customer behavior. Topics will include estimating production costs and profit maximization in different market environments; fundamentals of project analysis; how customers choose goods and services; and strategies for hiring, pricing, production, and advertising.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master's degree in Economics or related fields. Doctorate preferred.
- Professional certification where relevant.
- Professional and instructional experience in related field.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a learning experience that links application with formal learning and adult learning theory.
- Ability to work in a team oriented system, deal effectively with professional staff, other part-time faculty, adult and culturally diverse students.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, staff members and Faculty/Program Coordinator.
- Ability to effectively present information in writing and orally to students, staff, faculty and university management.
- Ability to meet the university's minimum requirements for technology knowledge standards; experience with business simulations an asset.
- Ability to meet university and programmatic minimum technology access standards.
- Experience with online teaching and learning.
Location: Seattle (Daytime)
Quarter: Fall 2019 starting in October
City University of Seattle accepts applications through this online process only. For consideration, please submit a complete application packet. A complete application is one that includes:
- Completed Electronic Application Form
- Cover letter
Now that you have created a profile, please remember to record your password. If you use the 'Help Desk' feature, responses will be sent to your Interview Exchange account. Candidates with qualifications and experience most aligned with current course needs will be contacted by a hiring manager. Once the position is filled, you will see a status update in your account profile.
If you encounter technical problems while applying for a position, please use the 'Help Desk' feature in your Interview Exchange account to submit the issue to technical support.