Director of MembershipClassical KING FM 98.1
Title: Director of Membership
Reports to: CEO
Classical KING FM is the public classical station serving Seattle and the Puget Sound Region. Seattle is undergoing tremendous growth thanks to its long history as a hub of innovation. Amazon, Microsoft, Costco and Starbucks (among others) are headquartered here and Facebook, Google, Salesforce and Apple have a major presence in the area.
Classical KING will leverage the tremendous resources in the region to chart a new course for the station and classical radio. KING FM’s operating model depends on philanthropic support from the community. To help raise this support, KING FM is seeking a Director of Membership with a pro-active style to lead its critical membership program.
Reporting to the CEO, this position will be responsible for strategic and tactical leadership of the membership program of Classical KING, collaborating with internal and external experts. We currently have 15,000 members, and we know there is significant growth potential for the station going forward.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership in planning, creation, and execution of short-term and long-range annual giving plans that include overall strategy, tactics, required resources and revenue goals.
- Leads staff in the planning and execution of comprehensive, integrated communication efforts for all fundraising campaigns including direct marketing, on-air, digital fundraising, and other fundraising programs (vehicle donations, matching gifts, etc.).
- Monitors results of all campaigns and tactics. Tracks and analyzes results, and adjusts efforts accordingly to maximize donor giving, retention, and acquisition.
- Creates and executes strategies for increasing the size of donors’ annual gifts to KING.
- Collaborates with the program director to manage membership drive pitch teams and producers. Coaches, mentors, and trains on-air talent in effective messaging before and during membership drives.
- Works closely with major giving staff to coordinate donor strategies between major giving, campaign, and membership.
- Seek new fundraising opportunities using all platforms (including new digital platforms) to increase revenue generating potential of the department.
- Coaches staff to ensure efficient systems and excellent donor service.
- Oversees successful execution of donor stewardship plans, including written communications, events, and other activities.
- Works with staff to ensure that KING’s donor database and business software systems operate efficiently and effectively.
- Develops and implements information system policies and procedures that ensure data integrity.
Budget and Oversight:
- Responsible for oversight, creation, management, and evaluation of membership program expense and revenue budgets.
- Seek ways to streamline department processes, cut costs, and optimize staff time and resources.
- Provides other management functions as assigned.
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of professional experience overseeing or executing successful nonprofit annual giving programs, preferably in a public media organization; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Knowledge of membership development, media fundraising, and data management best practices.
- Knowledge of and skill in the implementation of direct mail and digital marketing methods and techniques (knowledge of on-air drive tactics is a plus).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Understanding of gift processing, accounting, and budgeting practices and principles; demonstrated ability to manage budgets.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and use data to inform strategy and tactics.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in teams, as well as provide consistent, high-quality service to a wide variety of internal and external constituents.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Deep appreciation for and understanding of KING programming and mission.
Salary Range: $75K - $85K
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Classical 98.1 is an equal opportunity employer