Payroll SpecialistCommunity Health Center of Snohomish County
Community Health Center of Snohomish County is recruiting a full-time Payroll Specialist in Everett, Washington.
The Payroll Specialist provides primary support to the Accounting department by ensuring payroll is performed timely and accurately. This position communicates with management regarding clarification of any questionable payroll related items, coordinates payroll and benefit activities with the Human Resources department and may be assigned other related accounting support as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Independent and self-directed.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
• Produces work in high quantity and quality.
• Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Associate’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting or in lieu of degree, a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Customer service related experience working with the general public (1 year).
• General accounting and payroll experience (2 years).
• Automated payroll systems experience (1 year).
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Calculates timesheets and enters payroll data into automated payroll system to produce accurate and timely payroll. This includes posting to the general ledger after each payroll period.
2. Prepares payroll tax reports, L&I quarterly reports, state multiple worksite reports, 1099-R’s and W-2’s.
3. Calculates monthly insurance invoices for submission to accounts payable.
4. Resolves employee and supervisory payroll related questions.
5. Maintains and provides payroll reports to management.
6. Maintains spreadsheets for employee leave, CME and other employee benefits as required.
7. Verifies and enters clinic deposits into accounting software and notifies Billing of any discrepancies.
8. Reconciles all payroll and benefit related general ledger accounts.
9. Reconciles the accounts payable bank account to the general ledger.
10. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.