$40.29 - $54.39 per hour w/o P.E.
$42.83 – $57.82 per hour w/o P.E. (Proposed 2022 Salary Range)
$42.30 - $57.11 per hour w/P.E.
$44.96 – $60.71 per hour w/P.E. (Proposed 2022 Salary Range)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Covington Water District has an opening for performing engineering and construction management related functions within the District, specifically design implementation; plans review of capital and developer projects; construction inspections; inspecting installations, coordinating new construction activities; coordinating the District's capital engineering projects with consultants, as well as state and local agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides thorough and reliable plan review services and communicates findings to professional level engineers, surveyors, and regulatory agencies as well as internal stakeholders.
- Reviews plans and specifications for water system improvements and extensions.
- Lead pre-construction meetings and inform contractor of District requirements.
- Review materials submittals, bond inspections, create deficiencies list, visit sites, create bill of sales, as-builts and assist with project closeouts and bond releases.
- Review pays estimates and change orders for capital improvement projects.
- Apply problem solving alternative construction methods and materials, as necessary.
- Applies engineering knowledge to the solution of technical municipal water system development and repair projects.
- Assist with hydraulic modeling.
- Assists in maintaining standard plans and specifications.
- Assists the public, developers, consultants, engineers, and others.
- Performs project construction related surveying, GPSing and inspects work in progress.
- Assists in solving construction-related problems.
- Works directly with outside consultants and contractors concerning District standards and other engineering design and construction requirements. Helps guide developers through the District review and approval process.
- Assist with applicable records retention and destruction according to the parameters set by the Records Management Program.
- Overtime and work outside of normal business hours may be required.
- May perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Minimum Experience/Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree, 0-4 years related experience in water or sewer utility facilities, and valid Washington State driver’s license.
Benefits: The District offers a full benefits package to include paid time off (vacation, sick and holidays), full family health insurance paid 100% by the District, State of Washington PERS retirement program, Disability, Life, EAP, HRA VEBA, and tuition assistance.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit online @ www.covingtonwater.com a completed District Application with cover letter. We will notify applicants invited to participate in the interview process by phone or email.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
**OPEN UNTIL FILLED**