Cabinet & Fine Woodwork Shop Manager
We’re hiring a Cabinet and Fine Woodwork Manager in Seattle, WA. This position involves the planning, directing, and coordinating of the fabrication of luxury custom interiors for yachts.
As Manager, you will:
- Manage a team of 25+ cabinetmakers to ensure schedules and goals are met
- Coordinate with other production teams to establish workflow priorities, fabrication deadlines, and production goals
- Manage shop production schedule and labor projections
- Plan and prioritize daily assignments, including supplies and materials needed
- Estimate, costing review, and manhour projections
- Train and develop the team of cabinetmakers in best practices, quality control, and critical assessments of all work produced.
- Take an engaged interest in new technologies, methods, and materials.
- Use an inquisitive approach to problem-solving and seek improvement whenever possible
- Lead the charge in maintaining an organized, clean, safe, and efficient shop
To be successful as our Cabinet and Fine Woodworking Manager, you’ll need:
To be an innovative leader who has a broad depth of knowledge in all aspects of cabinetmaking from wood veneer and solid selection, adhesives & glues, and joinery construction and sequencing to more complex tasks such as micro laminating, custom hardware and creative storage, and access solutions. Our new manager needs to have experience working in the shop and have a deep understanding of the best methods and techniques for transforming our innovative designs from concept to reality.
- 5+ years of cabinet shop experience/education
- 2-3 years of experience in a managerial/lead role within a casework shop is preferred
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of people, have a team-building mentality, and detailed follow-through.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing effective fabrication and installation
- Exhibit proper shop tool and equipment use; have familiarity with the concepts typical of a custom wood shop
- Be flexible, adaptive, self-driven, collaborative, and take pride in your work.
- Be efficient, dependable, and ethical.
- The ability to read architectural drawings
- The ability to use CAD software to review, update or redline drawings is preferred.
- Be able to give direction in a respectful, motivating way.
- Basic computer literacy (E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel)
WHAT WE OFFER
We are a fun, informal but professional group of professionals who enjoy what we do immensely. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our team members by providing benefits that support you at work and in life:
- Competitive pay commensurate with skills and experience
- Paid medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance for full-time employees.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with Delta matching your contribution up to 4%
- 9 paid holidays each year
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Perks: Launch Parties, Summer Happy Hour Partys, Food Trucks,
- Good work/life balance - We work hard when we are here, but leave work at work!
- We are the only truly custom shipyard in America.
- Being a part of something Magnificent!
- Beautiful 25-acre campus on the Duwamish Waterway
- and more...
WHO WE ARE
Delta is a yacht builder that delivers world-class yachts of the highest distinction. Our company was built on a solid foundation of trust and honesty; it’s our mission to foster lasting relationships with every customer. Delta began more than 50 years ago, crafting commercial fishing vessels that braved the world’s most intimidating oceans.
Today, Delta has masterfully created a fleet of extraordinary yachts that are among some of the finest luxury vessels in the world. As leaders in innovative design, advanced technology, and composite construction, Delta continues to earn the highest respect and consideration among industry peers, captains, crews—and most importantly, Delta owners. As new generations of professionals join the ranks and unprecedented technologies enhance our capabilities, Delta remains steadfast in its goal to produce world-class yachts that are truly beyond compare.
The Delta culture is one of integrity and care—care for our employees, clients, and the vendors and suppliers we partner with.
Find out how you can take your own career to the next level and inspire the next generation of talent with Delta.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Delta embraces diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that includes individuals from different cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, ages, sexual orientations, and physical abilities, reflecting the diversity of the communities where we work and live.