Geotechnical Field Technicians
Geotechnical Field Technician
Part-time Summer and Full-time positions available.
Earth Solutions NW (ESNW) is currently accepting resumes for Geology, Geotechnical Engineering and Earth Science majors or experienced technicians for the positions of Geotechnical Field Technician for our commercial and residential construction projects
Some of our technician responsibilities are as follows:
- Observation and compaction testing (with nuclear density gauge) of earthwork construction such as structural fill placement for building pads, building foundations and utility trench backfill. Soil sample collection for soils lab, ability to carry 35 to 50 pounds.
- Observation of slope stability, rockeries, block wall construction, roadways, curb/sidewalk.
- Observation of underground excavations/deep foundations with soldier pile shoring and wood lagging, foundation pin piles, aggregate piles etc.
- Observation of site erosion control measures and turbidity/pH testing of stormwater.
- Field report writing from tablet or computer due on a daily to 48-hour basis.
- Communication with contractors and ESNW project managers/staff.
- Construction hours vary from 8 am to 5 pm, 7 am to 7 pm at times in the summer, night work, weekends and OT available if wanted.
- Must have truck or car with hatch back for density gauge and equipment.
Washington state college grads are encouraged to apply!
Job sites located in Everett, Seattle/Eastside and Tacoma.
Pay: From $23.00 per hour.
Resumes required and can be sent to Lewisc@esnw.com
Successful candidates will be interviewed in-person at our Redmond office.