Regional Admissions Advisor
This position is responsible for recruitment of prospective student for Eastern Washington University through territory travel, prospective student communication, admissions presentations, and file review. Reports to the Assistant Director of Admissions. Territory consists of, yet not limited to, Clallam, Jefferson, Kitsap, Mason, Grays Harbor, Thurston, Pacific, Lewis, Cowlitz, Skamania, Clark Counties and Western Oregon. Work from home-based office within one of the counties listed.
- Dedicated space for Regional office within one’s home that is located in one of the counties noted above.
- Position works from a home office; EWU will provide leased state car, university laptop, internet connection, and other office equipment needed for performance of job duties.
- Position requires use of a state vehicle when performing job duties; proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license are required for this position; mileage for use of personal vehicle for completion of job duties will be reimbursed at the approved state rates if needed.
- Ability to be flexible regarding travel and working non-traditional hours, including weekends, when necessary including travel within territory, away from Regional office.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend events;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail and produce desired results;
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures regarding transfer admission and records management;
- Capacity to effectively address diverse constituencies;
- Advanced computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite and SCT Banner (or equivalent), CRM, texting;
- Proficient user of laptop computer, projector, and cell phone;
- Position requires some physical work, lifting boxes and set up of booth display, up to 25 lbs.;
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility, and/or diversity.
- Knowledge and understanding of Eastern Washington University;
- Previous work experience in admissions, recruitment or student advising;
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs from planning through implementation to completion;
- Bilingual Ability – Spanish
(60%) Coordinate recruitment and outreach utilizing best practices in territory management.
(40%) Provide processing and administrative support to the project management and record management operations within the Office of Admissions.