HEALTH ASSISTANT (SOCIAL WORK ASSISTANT 1)
LOCATION: Lynnwood, Washington
The Health Assistant works in the Head Start, ECEAP, and Early Head Start program to support health services and program compliance in the area of children's health services. The Health Assistant works with Teacher/Family Advocates and Home Visitors to identify, refer and follow-up on health concerns and health requirements for all assigned children.
Edmonds invites all individuals to apply and as an equal opportunity employer, we also encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply for this position.
This is a classified position and reports to the Head Start Executive Director.
For information on applying, please see Application Procedures and Required Documents, below. We will begin reviewing applications on August 16, 2022.
- Complete all health screenings on children at centers, which include vision screens, hearing screens, heights and weights prior to the child’s 45th day in program
- Prepare screening results report for staff to share with parents
- Assist TFA or Home Visitor in arranging follow up care for children with identified needs, as a result of the health screens
- Assist parents in obtaining an annual Physical and Dental exam prior to the child’s 90th day, in coordination with the TFA or Home Visitor
- Assist parents in obtaining the required annual HCT and Lead Screenings, in coordination with the TFA or Home Visitor
- Follow up with parents and/or TFA or Home Visitor on any recommended treatment needs
- Assist parents in maintaining their child on an annual exam schedule, in coordination with TFA or Home Visitor
- Communicate with parents and staff regarding status of immunizations if not complete
- Participate in health staffing as needed
- Follow the health protocols
- Complete data entry for health screens
- Complete data entry for immunizations
- Review immunizations for compliance with state requirements
- Maintain up-to-date health records and record keeping systems
- Complete all health reports as needed
- Monitor health requirements using the organization’s established database
- Twelve college quarter credits in family support, public health, health education, nursing or another field directly related to job responsibilities
- Two years of full-time experience with same/similar work responsibilities
(See Conditions of Employment section for additional requirements.)
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The ability to sit at a desk/computer station, bend, stoop, walk and generally move around the office to consult with others, work within a busy environment and remain focused on tasks. Inventory management requires some lifting and moving of objects up to 30lbs. Excellent communication skills are essential. This includes the ability to speak clearly and fully comprehend written and spoken English and will include communication with people for whom English is not their first language. This also includes the ability to produce clearly written documents. Those who are multilingual are strongly encouraged to apply.
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.
Salary range 41. Beginning salary is $39,852 - $44,808 annually, with progressive increases to $50,592, plus a full state benefits package, which includes tuition waivers for college classes, medical, dental, retirement options and more. Vacation and leave package includes 12 sick days per year, 11 scheduled holidays, 1 personal holiday, 2 personal leave days, and 14 vacation days per year (incremental increases to 24 vacation days per year).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
You must document your citizenship or employment authorization within three days of hire.
Criminal background check. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Verification of fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Other required vaccines: TDap, MMR
- Must show a negative TB Test and obtain a health provider statement showing free of communicable diseases
- Cleared Portable Background Check through DCYF
- Must be able to transport self to home visits and off-site trainings and meetings
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
All applicants must apply online. No paper submissions or emailed materials will be accepted. Your online application must include the following documents in order to be complete:
1. Responses to supplemental questions (part of the online application). (These questions reflect the required and desired qualifications and are used in the screening process. Please provide thorough responses.)
2. Current resume.
3. Names and contact information for three references.
4. For veterans' preference, please scan and attach your DD214, Member-4 Form.
Edmonds College is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. The college values its talented, diverse workforce and seeks to attract, hire, and support employees who consistently and actively embrace diversity and equity. Edmonds College is an equal opportunity employer. Edmonds College invites all individuals to apply and as an equal opportunity employer, we also encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply for this position.