Maintenance Manager – Pet Food Plant
FAT-CAT Fish Company is a major supplier of premium fish ingredients to the pet food industry.
Year-round, full-time position, with longer hours as needed during busy summer/fall season.
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as refrigeration equipment engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, gearboxes, hydraulic systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
1. Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
2. Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
3. Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
4. Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
5. Repairs or replaces defective parts.
6. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
7. Lubricates and cleans parts, equipment, and machinery.
8. Tests and adjusts equipment to meet performance specifications.
9. Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, saws, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
10. Sharpens and reshapes tools as necessary.
11. Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
12. Repairs electrical equipment.
13. Maintains a flexible schedule to accommodate variable shifts depending on maintenance workload.
14. Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Familiarity with refrigeration, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyors, and bagging machines preferred. Basic mechanical knowledge in food industry preferred.
Three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; and ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; and able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to operate a variety of hand tools to include the following: welding machines, cutting torches, and power tools including but not limited to: pipe or tube cutters, power drills, power saws, pullers, wrenches, screw drivers, sockets, ratchets, grinders, pry bars, hammers, punches, measuring devices, and chisels.
Must be able to pass drug screen. Competitive wages. Benefits including Medical & Dental Coverage and Holiday & Vacation pay. EOE.