Electrical EngineerHaight & Associates, Inc.
Professional Electrical Engineer
Location: 526 Main St Juneau, AK 99801
Job Status: Full Time Education Level: Electrical Engineering Degree
Summary: Provide professional electrical engineering project leadership and /or discipline support for various projects by researching, specifying, developing, designing, engineering and testing.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution, with 5 to 10 years work experience in Engineering.
Professional Engineer (P. E.) registration required. Preferred Alaska Registered.
- Experience with Electrical Design, Utility Power, Instrumentation & SCADA, Building Systems, Power Distribution and Controls.
- Background with building systems with good knowledge of industrial and utility systems.
- Strong ability to interface and communicate with clients, other design professionals, product representatives, and construction personnel.
- Demonstrated success to contribute to challenging technical situations with creative ideas.
- Significant accountability to clearly present technical concepts including knowledge of codes relevant to electrical systems and facilities.
- Expertise to work independently, prioritize assignments and respond to several projects simultaneously, yet comply with project schedules and deadlines.
- Must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to prioritize work.
- Must be able to work effectively with a minimum of supervision or support.
- Must be able to balance multiple activities while still paying a great deal of attention to detail.
- Must be dedicated to understanding and exceeding the expectations and needs of clients.
- Must be able to build positive relationships with clients and others.
- Monitors compliance with client criteria as well as all state and national codes and regulations. Ensures that all assigned activities and operations comply with applicable regulations and laws.
Employees must be able to travel and work in a remote location over night or longer, occasionally exposed to work near mechanical equipment’s, work in high and adverse outdoor weather conditions, expected to abide by all required safety regulations, behaviors and conditions, as required at the local or remote work locations. The position may require work late hours and weekends.
Please check out our website for more details on our firm at www.haight-assoc.com.
If interested, please send cover letter and resumes via email to
We are an equal Opportunity Employer.