Digital Media Coordinator
State of Reform, an HMA company, is looking to fill the role of Digital Media Coordinator, and we’d like to see if you’re interested in joining us.
State of Reform covers state health care and health policy across fifteen states. We host virtual conferences and conversations to create "live journalism," giving senior health care executives and health policy leaders an opportunity to speak to the work they are doing to inform broader system reform.
Our content focus is on policy analysis and market intelligence to the health care and human service sectors.
We provide this content where it works best for our information consumers, through multiple discrete channels: virtual conversations, hybrid in-person/virtual conferences, email newsletters, website news, web video, social media, and small run book publishing.
And, we would love to have you reach out if you're interested in joining the team!
Job Description & Responsibilities
We need to find a unicorn, admittedly. We need someone that can work with a number of our team members to support our virtual event and in-person conference production. These range from 20 to 850 attendees throughout the year and across geographies.
Your job will include:
- Supporting virtual event development and production, including travel and onsite support for hybrid events (in person with an integrated virtual conference)
- Support for video production and videography, including shooting video footage from live events and/or producing live keynote recordings
- Graphic design and collateral development
So, you'll have your hands on a number of really important tasks and projects, with an opportunity to develop ownership and leadership on them over time.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
The details are below, but this is who you are:
You are early in your career. You're smart, a go-getter. Maybe you’ve worked on events in the past or have been a part of other digital marketing campaigns. Maybe you shot some video footage in college or worked on a documentary project.
You have charisma and problem solving skills that make people like you, particularly the kind of professionals that participate in our events. You learn quickly. You don’t like failure, but you have the courage to stretch into new areas. You’ve got digital media savvy, maybe a familiarity with some basic html, social media, or WordPress.
Most of all, you appreciate a good team culture to work in, and you're looking forward to tackling a new set of challenges in a new way.
This position will require a set of diverse skills and the ability to manage multiple types of projects. Please address how you meet these qualifications in your cover letter.
- Needed: 1-3 years of progressively challenging digital marketing or campaign management experience
- Wanted: 1-3 years of office/admin support, or writing/content development, or event communications experience
- Wanted: 1-3 years of videography or video production work, and/or graphic design and collateral development experience
- Gotta have: 4-year college graduate with a degree in public relations, communications, marketing, business administration, political science, economics, international relations, social science or related field.
- Critical: Must be a fast learner, be able to handle multiple assignments and enjoy the pressure of a deadline-driven environment.
- Critical: Must have advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills. The importance of this piece cannot be overstated.
To Apply: Tell us about who you are and what you're looking for in a cover letter.
If you don't write a cover letter, then we'll take it that you're not really that into us...
This is a full time position. We offer a competitive compensation package, including health care, retirement and paid time off benefits.
Most importantly, this is a work place where the right candidate will enjoy coming to and a culture in which one can flourish as a person.
If you’d like to apply for a position, please submit your resume, and a cover letter. In your cover letter, tell us how you’d add to the team, and why you are a fit with us. Be sure to address your salary expectations in your letter, and how you meet the above qualifications. No calls, please.
HMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer