Procurement & Supply Specialist 1
PROCUREMENT & SUPPLY SPECIALIST 1
Salary: $3,377.00 - $4,186.00 Monthly
Location: Highline College 2400 S. 240th Street Des Moines, WA
Job Type: CLASSIFIED
Division: ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
Job Number: 202108-PSS1
At the direction of the Purchasing Manager, the position procures, orders, receives, stores, inventories, and issues a variety of services, materials, supplies, parts, and equipment for and on behalf of the college.
This position is a classified full-time position, which is eligible for overtime.
Salary Information: The above salary reflects the starting step (Step C) Range 39 for this classified position and includes a 5% King County compensation provision. As a newly employed classified employee, based on annual increments, it will take 5 years to reach Step L on the salary schedule. This does not reflect any contractual changes, legislative mandated salary increases or Cost of Living Increases (COLA's) that may be approved in the future.
Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, this position will:
- Procure supplies, services, materials, and equipment;
- Review purchase requisitions and purchase orders;
- Determine appropriate course of action/procurement methodology; Reconcile procurement card transactions;
- Issue Request for Quotes and Bids;
- Research new sources of supply; locate and contact vendors and suppliers;
- Contact vendors/suppliers when there is a discrepancy or if items haven’t been received;
- Ensure OFM compliance with small and attractive inventory and maintain system;
- Foster a positive working relationships with students, employees, and vendors in support of Highline College mission;
- Provides training to employees on purchasing rules, regulations, and policies;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proficiently use Microsoft Suite;
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal).
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, Purchasing Management, Accounting, or related field;
- One year of full-time purchasing experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Three years experience as a purchasing professional.
- Experience working with Peoplesoft;
- Experience working in a college environment;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and employees.
Your online application must include the following attachments in order to be considered complete:
- Current Resume;
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) describing how your skills and abilities relate to this position;
- A one page Equity Response (found in the Supplemental Questions).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A National Criminal Background Check may be required;
- This position is covered under the the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA) bargaining agreement.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Highline College will require COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, staff and faculty –– with waivers for specific exemptions –– for those who physically attend courses, operations, or other in-person activities starting fall quarter 2021. This decision was made in accordance with higher education proclamation 20-12.4. You will not be asked to report your vaccination status unless you are hired by the college.
Highline College prides itself on its commitment to diversity and equity, its institutional culture of collegiality and innovation, its globalization of curricula and its inclusion of the community in its programming. Founded in 1961, Highline College is situated in a diverse community just 15 minutes south of Seattle. The college annually serves more than 16,500 students –– a student population of over 70% students of color, representing 35 nations and more than 100 languages. The college embraces equity, inclusion and social justice, with core goals of student attainment, diversity, community Engagement and sustainability. The student body at Highline College is made up of Transfer students, Running Start students, Professional-Technical students, International students, Comprehensive Transition Program for students with intellectual disabilities, Adult Basic Education and English Language Learners. In addition, we offer six bachelor of applied science, four-year degrees.
MISSION AND VISION
As an essential part of our mission and vision, diversity, equity and inclusion are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT:
NEED APPLICATION HELP?
Should you have any difficulties uploading your documents or navigating the application process, please contact NEOGOV Technical Support at 1-855-524-5627, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
HIGHLINE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Highline College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations, and gender identity diversity. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS The College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodations in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (206) 592-3812. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service. TITLE IX POLICY Highline College complies with Title IX regulations. For details on our policies, see our website
https://humanresources. highline.edu/faculty-and-staff/ policies/title-ix/
The College appointing authorities reserve the right and may exercise the option to make an employment decision prior to the conclusion of the recruitment process.