Medical DirectorHospice of Spokane
The Medical Director is responsible for the overall medical component of services provided to hospice and palliative care patients. Collaborates with an interdisciplinary team to include nursing, social work, spiritual care, bereavement and volunteer services. The Medical Director consults with the patient's primary care physicians as needed regarding pain and symptom control as well as eligibility for hospice care. Provides ongoing staff and community education. Provides direct patient care in hospitals, homes, facilities and the hospice houses. Participates in compliance and quality programs assuring compliance with medical standards of care for hospice.
- WA Medical License (MD or DO)
- BLS or ACLS for Healthcare Provider Certification
- Active DEA License
- Five (5) years’ experience as a licensed physician working in the field of hospice, palliative care, family practice, oncology, gerontology or internal medicine is preferred. Board certified in current area of practice.
- Hospice Medical Director Certification preferred
- Hospice and Palliative Care Board Certification preferred
- Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and automobile coverage
- Ability to attain appropriate privileges at community hospitals
Washington’s only nonprofit hospice serving Spokane, Ferry, Stevens and Pend Oreille counties.
Visit us at www.hospiceofspokane.org
Send resume to email@example.com