Psychiatric Nurse PractitionerJobelephant.com Inc
University of Idaho
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Division/College: Student Affairs
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $114,617 annually or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho Counseling & Testing Center (CTC) is recruiting a full-time, 12 month Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. The psychiatric nurse practitioner's primary role is to provide psychiatric care to the students of the university community. This includes psychiatric evaluations, treatment planning, medication monitoring and crisis intervention as well as consulting with primary care providers and Counseling Center mental health providers. The individual in this position must be current in psychotropic medications, side effects, and best practices. The nurse practitioner manages a busy outpatient practice, but there are no after-hours calls associated with this position.
The individual in this position must be licensed to practice as a psychiatric nurse practitioner in the State of Idaho and must have the appropriate Drug Enforcement Administration license. They also need to demonstrate cultural competency in their clinical practice and conform with state mental health statutes, ethical guidelines, HIPAA, and FERPA. Duties will be performed under the supervision of the Director of Counseling & Testing Center.
• Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
• Licensed Nurse Practitioner with a concentration in psychiatry and mental health.
• Minimum of one year of experience in a mental health setting or three years of experience in Family Practice, Urgent Care, Emergency Medicine, or Internal Medicine.
• Experience providing psychiatric evaluation and medication management.
• Experience providing crisis intervention and referral services.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with an interdisciplinary treatment team and the campus community.
• Demonstrated interest, skills and experience in providing culturally competent clinical services to a diverse client population.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Experience working with a young adult patient population or in a college health or mental health setting.
• At least two years of clinical experience providing psychiatric services to individuals with mental illness.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002071P
Posting Date: 01/23/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
For first consideration, please submit application materials by February 22, 2019. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency