Finance and Contracts Assistant
Finance and Contracts Assistant
Nature and Purpose of the Position:
The position of Financial and Contracts Assistant is an entry-level administrative position of the King Conservation District. The employee occupying this position is subject to direction and guidance by the Finance and Administration Director and provides direct assistance to the Member Jurisdictions and Regional Food Systems Grant Managers, with assistance where applicable from the Finance Coordinator. This is a non-exempt, full-time position at 40 hours per week. Starting annual salary is $52,000/yr.
This position has been established:
1. To provide financial and administrative assistance to the Finance and Administration Director.
2. To assist the Member Jurisdictions and Regional Food Systems Grant Managers in administering grants to external organizations and partner jurisdictions.
The following items outline the specific job responsibilities of the occupant for this position.
1. Assist in keeping the District’s financial records. Prepare vouchers and/or checks for bills to be authorized for payment at board meetings. Enter bills and post to the appropriate accounts.
2. Assist District staff with filing, copying, mailing, and other miscellaneous administrative tasks.
3. Assist with preparing and disseminating financial and program evaluation reports.
4. Assist in putting together grant billings. Assist in tracking grant budgets.
5. Maintain the standardized filing system for Conservation District records.
6. Attends board meetings and types, assembles, and distributes all regular and special meeting minutes.
7. Purchase of office supplies as needed.
8. Perform other administrative tasks as needed by the Finance and Administration Director, the Finance Coordinator, and District staff.
9. Provide customer service/internal support, across departments.
10. Keep up to date on current office computer software and be able to assist staff on report design and editing.
Training and Supervision:
The occupant of this position will perform duties under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Director with assistance from the Finance Coordinator as needed. Supervision will be by the Finance Coordinator in absence of the Finance and Administration Director or as may be necessary.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
Any combination of associate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or closely related field, and/or 2+ years bookkeeping or accounting experience.
Understanding of basic accounting principles. Ability to understand thoroughly the proper use of county, state, and federal funds.
Experience with data entry.
Adept with all office equipment including computers, network servers, Internet, and e-mail. Adept with MS Office software, including Excel spreadsheets.
Must be competent in reading, writing, speaking, hearing, and understanding the English language. Good communication and multi-tasking skills required for interaction with coworkers, Board members, agency partners, and landowners/operators.
Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working and public relations.
An interest in working collaboratively to promote natural resource conservation.
Ability and working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software desired but not required.
Valid Washington driver license is desired.
If you are interested and would like to join our team, please submit resume by February 4, 2022 to:
King Conservation District
Attn: Lorna Miss
800 SW 39th Street, Ste: 150
Renton, WA 98057
or by email to email@example.com .
For further information contact Kathryn Lewis at Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org.