Administrative Specialist III
The Department of Judicial Administration (DJA), also known as the Superior Court Clerk's Office, is an innovative, forward-looking agency using technology to help perform tasks better, more efficiently and reliably. DJA performs a variety of services for the Court, litigants, and general public. DJA's mission is to provide professional, high-quality Superior Court records services and justice system programs, while ensuring access to justice and integrity in the process.
DJA is seeking an Administrative Specialist III who enjoys working on a variety of tasks, can switch gears at a moment's notice, works effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and works independently within the Office of the Director.
The Office of the Director is comprised of the Director, Deputy Director, Project Managers and other Professional staff. This position requires daily interaction with the administrative team while supporting division managers and supervisors. Successful candidates will provide a consistent and accurate work product and possess strong technical knowledge to maintain special projects. The Office of the Director has a vibrant atmosphere of customer service working with members of the public, internal staff, and external agencies. The person in this position serves as a main liaison to the staff and customers of the Department of Judicial Administration, handles incoming correspondence, and greets customers. It is essential that the candidate exhibit a high degree of professionalism, reliability and integrity.
WHO MAY APPLY: This recruitment is open to the general public for a Term Limited Temporary assignment (TLT). Special duty opportunities are only open to current King County career services employees that have completed their initial probation. Special Duty applicants must have approval from their current supervisor to accept an assignment.
WORK LOCATION: This position is based at the King County Courthouse, 516 3rd Ave., Seattle, WA 98104.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position is overtime eligible, 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday.
- King County Application Form
- Answers to the Supplemental Questions
- Letter of Interest should detail your background and describe how you meet or exceed the requirements listed in this job announcement. (This will be used as a writing sample).
*Copy and paste one or more documents into the text resume section of the application.
*Attach multiple documents/files in the resume attachment section.
SELECTION PROCESS: Applications will be screened for qualifications, clarity and completeness. The most competitive applicants may be invited to an interview.
Contact Information: Please direct questions about this position to Elizabeth Willoughby at 206-263-1995 and questions about the recruitment to Joy Fernandes at 206-477-0774.
- Job Duties
This position serves as the main liaison to the staff and customers of the Office of the Director. This position will be required to:
- Assist customers and provide information about the department and the Director's Office to internal and external customers in person, on the phone, and through correspondence in a professional, patient, and friendly manner.
- Organize and oversee the department's SharePoint site.
- Provide direction and training instructions on how to use SharePoint.
- Provide technical support to the management team and department staff.
- Edit and finalize content on the web.
- Design, coordinate, and publish graphics with department's annual theme and statistics for the dashboard.
- Gather, organize, and prepare data for inclusion in reports.
- Interpret policies and codes to provide information to employees and customers.
- Organize, route, and order supplies as needed by the Director's Office.
- Attend meetings, take minutes, and represent the department at various internal and interdepartmental meetings.
- Perform special projects, as requested.
- Cover a variety of assignments quickly moving from one task to the next and keeping co-workers informed on task status.
- Support and serve as primary back-up to the Executive Secretary.
- Handle sensitive information.
- Compose, draft, proofread and/or edit final documents sent out to the department or internal/external customers.
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
Applicant's experience must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education which provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the primary functions of the job.
- Minimum of two years administrative experience performing a variety of complex duties in an office setting.
- Minimum of two years customer service experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment, manage time effectively to work on multiple tasks, and consistently deliver timely and high quality results.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details and ability to prioritize workflow according to shifting work demands.
- Maintain confidentiality, as well as, use independent judgment and decision making.
- Quickly learn office procedures and terminology.
- Intermediate or advanced computer skills including publishing content to the web and use of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows).
- Ability to work and make decisions in a team environment, and be a positive team member including: coordinating with the schedules of other staff; cooperating with other team members, possessing the ability to compromise and resolve issues with minimal direction; interpersonal skills.
- Work independently with minimal guidance.
- Exhibit flexibility and work professionally with all levels of staff.
- Supplemental Information
- Regular and reliable attendance, effective communication skills, and development of effective working relationships are requirements of all DJA positions.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01How did you hear about this job? Check all that apply.
02If you selected "Other" in the above question, please specify website/name.03Please indicate how many years of customer service experience you have.
- King County Website
04Please describe your experience providing excellent customer service directly to the public, when you interacted with people from different cultural, social, and economic backgrounds. Be specific about the type of interaction and what methods you used to be effective.05Please indicate your level of proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Less than two years
- Two years to five years
- More than five years
06Please indicate your level of proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint.
07Please describe one experience where you created and maintained a SharePoint site(s). Be specific about the features and functions you used to meet the needs of the team or business unit. If you do not have this experience, please put N/A.08Please describe your experience in composing, editing and proofreading documents for internal and external distribution. State when and where you performed these functions.09Please describe your experience working independently on multiple and complex competing priorities and assigned tasks with minimal or no guidance. Describe how you independently and efficiently organize and prioritize assignments and tasks, meet deadlines, and exercise adaptability to changing priorities while maintaining a positive and professional approach. Please provide specific examples. If you do not have this experience, please put N/A.10This position requires a resume and a letter of interest. Please verify that you have attached or inserted a text of both to your application.