- THIS RECRUITMENT IS ONLY OPEN TO KING COUNTY CAREER SERVICE (OR APPOINTED) EMPLOYEESThis Special Duty Assignment is currently approved until the end of July 2022
The Department of Executive Services is searching for an administrative services professional to provide timekeeping/payroll and office support to the director’s office. This role serves as a key member of the office administrative team.
This role involves daily interaction with the organization at all levels as well as external contacts. Successful candidates for this role will be self-starters who have excellent interpersonal skills, a keen attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and solid background in providing administrative support.
- Job Duties
SCOPE OF JOB DUTIES: The successful candidate, at a minimum, will demonstrate skill or ability to:
- Administrative Support: Review, proofread, and format all correspondence to ensure accuracy and completeness, etc. as well as consistency with organizational policy. Track and follow up with staff to ensure deadlines are met. Work on multiple special projects. Coordinate new staff onboarding, standard work processes, staff moves and facility, serve as lead for SharePoint sites. Serve as backup Executive Assistant when necessary.
- Timekeeping/Payroll: Process complex timekeeping/payroll for Airport, Fleet, and Director’s office in the PeopleSoft payroll system. This includes preparation and maintenance of payroll records, adjustments and corrections to payroll benefit accruals and other payroll information.
- Travel, Expense, and Invoice Processing: Process and book travel arrangements and reimbursements for section staff. Process all payments of invoices received by the section including appropriate account coding; administer and provide procurement card access for the section; and assist with the preparation of various budgetary reporting information.
- Records Management: Manage the electronic (ERMS) and physical records of the Director's Office and track and coordinate public disclosure requests.
- Special Projects: Provide support to Director’s office staff by working on cross-functional projects including legislation, policy updates, Lean, employee engagement, and Equity and Social Justice.
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO:
- Strong background with senior-level administrative support and are able to use good judgment in making independent decisions with a high degree of tact and diplomacy, OR an equivalent background of education and experience.
- Have experience as a timekeeper using PeopleSoft Time & Labor System. Experience in trades or other complex environment is highly desirable.
- Enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment; willing to pitch in to help other team members.
- Think differently, eager to try new things and challenge themselves to improve processes .
- Have good proactive time management skills that allows for you to successfully complete tasks on time
- Enjoy juggling multiple competing priorities with tight timelines with the ability to prioritize work.
- Are proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and are comfortable with the use of office productivity software and relational databases in their daily work. (The county uses Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft T&L and Oracle EBS)
- Supplemental Information
This recruitment opportunity to all King County Career Service (or Appointed) Employees only. A King County application is required. We highly encourage applicants to include a resume and letter of interest with your submission.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Christina Jamerson, at 206-477-9561 or at email@example.com.
The work associated with this position will be performed remotely. Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours.
Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements. There will be situations where the employee is required to report to a County worksite. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual, safety precautions are required by the department in alignment with the Public Health Directive from the Seattle & King County Public Health Officer.
To support employees during this time King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
King County Executive Branch employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate for the position you applied for, the County will send you a conditional offer letter.
As a condition of employment, prior to a final offer of employment, you will be required to:
• submit proof of vaccination or
• have an approved request for medical or religious exemption and an approved accommodation. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
People are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the final dose of a vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The Executive Branch includes employees in the Executive branch, the Assessor’s Office, Elections, the King County Sheriff’s Office, and the Executive Office.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact the recruiter listed on this job announcement.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.