Administrator II (CDIP)
- Public Health- Seattle & King County values diverse perspectives and life experiences. The Department encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans.The Assessment, Policy Development, & Evaluation (APDE) / Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention (CDIP)/COO section of Public Health is hiring a full-time, Administrator II to join our team!This is a Special Duty Opportunity! This position is open to Current Career Service, King County Employees.
This position is anticipated to last for six (6) months and reports to the Administration and Finance Manager, within the division’s admin and finance section. We are looking for a detail-oriented team player that can demonstrate fiscal capability and sound financial acumen.
The position serves in various administrative and financial capacities. The position provides general grant support for the division to include billing, tracking and reporting activities in accordance with federal, state, county, and departmental requirements. Other functions include demonstrating sound accounting principles in support processes of various financial activities such as inputting journal entries, preparation of materials for fiscal monitoring and supports multiple work projects and programs within the division.Who May Apply:
This Special Duty position is open only to current King County employees.
For Special Duty Assignment interest, you must be a Career Service, Career Service Exempt or other regular (non-temporary) employees in King County who have completed their initial County probation. You must have supervisor approval prior to taking a Special Duty Assignment.
This position will be located in downtown Seattle, in the Chinook Building, 401 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98104. During the current Stay at Home order, some work will have to be completed on site due to special considerations of the position.
The position will work full-time, or 40 hours per week. The normal work week for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The work associated with this position will be performed remotely, at least through July 5, 2021 in compliance with King County’s telecommuting mandate. Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours. Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements. There will be situations where the employee is required to report to a County worksite. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual, safety precautions are required by the department in alignment with the Public Health Directive from the Seattle & King County Public Health Officer.
To support employees during this time King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.Application Process:
To be considered for this position, please complete your on-line application, respond to the supplemental questions, and attach a Resume & Cover Letter.
- Job Duties
- Support assigned programs within the APDE/CDIP/COO Division by responding/researching fiscal inquiries related to various grant terms and conditions
- Create and maintain financial policy compliance tracking tools, monitoring systems, and reporting procedures and processes. Ensure that programs understand and use internal controls when engaging in grant procurement or planning.
- Support programs in submitting progress reports, financial status reports and invoices to grant funders.
- Make correcting accounting entries as necessary for proper allocation of expenditures.
- Assist with departmental fiscal tasks including expenditure accruals and fiscal adjustments.
- Work with program managers and contractors to ensure they understand terms and conditions of their contracts, including financial management of grant funds, reporting requirements monitoring and reporting on progress.
- Provide technical assistance to program managers to ensure timely and accurate billing and financial tracking.
- Assist with policies and procedures for personnel, purchasing, contracting, regulatory issues and other administrative activities.
- Assist with project procurement and other administrative duties as they arise.
- Assist with financial instrument procurement and tracking.
- Process improvement: innovate and improve administrative processes for better financial stewardship of public funds, and increased value in direct services to the residents of King County.
- Update and maintain division SharePoint site.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and a minimum of 2 years accounting experience to include but not limited to overall grant transactions (ex. Reconciliations, compliance, monitoring and reporting).
- Experience in gathering, analyzing, and presenting data using Microsoft Excel. (applicant should be at least an intermediate user of excel)
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability applying King County accounting policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability applying generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build respectful and productive relationships with internal colleagues and external clients; establish and maintain effective working relationships and offer high level of customer service to all stakeholders.
- Ability to use knowledge, skills, techniques and systems to define, visualize, measure, control, report and improve processes with the goal to meet customer requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of grants management, accounting, audit, and public sector budgeting.
- Experience with Oracle-based financial and reporting systems.
- Experience with accounts receivable procedures.
- At least two years of experience with respect to the fiscal aspects of accounts payable or accounts receivable.
- Supplemental Information
- Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.To Apply
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact your recruiter listed on this job announcement.Supplemental Information
This selection process may include but is not limited to: evaluation of application materials and supplemental questions, testing and interviewing. For more information on our selection process, please refer to www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/jobs/hiring
If you need a disability accommodation in the application or testing process, please call the contact number listed on the job announcement.
The selected external candidates must pass a thorough background investigation.
Public Health relies on office automation (Microsoft Office) and web-based enabled tools, therefore candidates must be proficient and comfortable with computer use to perform functions associated with on-going work.
Regular and reliable attendance, effective communication skills, and development of effective working relationships are requirements of all Public Health positions.
Employees are required to protect the privacy and security of protected health information as defined in State and Federal Law.
Employees are required to adhere to OSHA/WISHA guidelines including but not limited to completing their mandatory trainings on time.Union AffiliationThis position is Non-RepresentedContact:
For more information about the application process, please contact Mark Lacy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Did you attach a resume and cover letter?
02Are you a current Career Service, King County Employee?
03Do you have experience with grants management which may include compliance, monitoring and/or invoicing?
04If you answered 'yes' to question #3, please describe your experience with grants management. If you answered 'no' then put N/A.05Do you have competency with using Microsoft Excel?
06If you answered 'yes' to question #5, please describe the functions you are able to use comfortably with Excel and in the settings that they are used. If you answered 'no' then put N/A.07Do you have demonstrated experience providing support to multiple sections or programs, evaluating and managing competing demands and prioritizing workload while meeting critical deadlines and maintaining accuracy of work?
08If you answered yes to question #7, please describe your experience including how you evaluated, prioritized, and managed your workload, indicate how you kept yourself organized to ensure deadlines were met, how you worked independently, and within a team environment. Be specific and include where this experience was gained. If you answered no to question #5, type in N/A.