BASe Analysis Service Owner
Are you looking for a career with excellent benefits in a position that makes a difference in your community? Yes, this is government, but we'll surprise you in how we break from the stereotypical mold. King County is driving to become the best run government. For King County Information Technology (KCIT) that means pushing the County forward through innovation and a real focus on those who directly use our technologies or indirectly benefit from their use. Join us as we transform and raise the bar on what technology looks like in the public sector!
We are seeking a BASe Analysis Service Owner. The BASe Analysis Service Owner manages Product Managers and Enterprise Analyst Manager I staff who are managing their own teams of Analysts to drive the product lifecycle from concept to delivery. This role provides the expertise to lead, develop and manage teams that have the business acumen and technical capability of carrying out needed initiatives and delivering world-class products. This role provides the strategy and leadership to improve product quality, employee engagement, productivity and speed to market across the entire Business Advisory organization.
As the only county in the United States named after Martin Luther King Jr, one of the most influential civil rights leaders in our nations' history, King County is a vibrant community with residents that represent countries from around the world. It is a region with increasing diversity that cherishes the artistic and social traditions of many cultures. Together, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. We continue to build on an enduring legacy of shared values of equity and social justice, employee engagement, innovative thinking and continuous improvement. With this commitment, King County has adopted a pro-equity agenda aimed at advancing regional change and is developing the systems and standards necessary to achieve better outcomes for all residents, regardless of their race or income. These qualities make King County one of the nation's best places to live, work, and play.
King County Department of Information Technology
KCIT is providing the building blocks for many of the region's most critical services. As the business solutions partner, we collaborate with the 18 County departments and agencies to develop products and services that better serve the needs of our customers and our communities. To learn more about KCIT, please visit: http://kingcounty.gov/depts/it.aspx
King County offers a robust benefits package to support you and your family in a variety of ways. To learn more about the benefits offered here, please click on the Benefits tab or click here: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/.
Temporary Telecommuting Requirement
The work associated with this position will be performed remotely, at least through January 8, 2021 in compliance with King County’s telecommuting mandate. It is possible that the work will be primarily performed remotely on an ongoing basis after January 8, 2021. Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours. Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements. There will be situations where the employee is required to report to a County worksite. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual, safety precautions are required by the department in alignment with the Public Health Directive from the Seattle & King County Public Health Officer.
To support employees during this time King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
The normal workweek for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Alternative work schedules may be considered. This position is not eligible for overtime pay.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Shannon Hoeper, email@example.com or 206-263-6957
- Job Duties
- Supervisory: Oversees and is answerable for all activities of the Analysis services section of BASe including all Enterprise I Managers.
- Collaboration: Liaise with Technology and Business Leadership to develop clear and efficient product road mapping, product planning, prioritization, and an overall agile product development process that includes Scrum Masters, Agile Analysts and Product management.
- Analysis: Responsible for the evaluation of portfolio management and the quality of the effect and strategies for the business’ solutions.
- Vision: As the leader of the Analysis team, it is the BASe Analysis Service Owners responsibility to build an understanding and cultivate in the departments’ members the product’s vision, the business case, as well as compiling the product planning material necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity and consensus.
- Product Line Life Cycle: This position is also responsible for developing, defining, and overseeing the product’s roadmap and managing it as required for the purpose of meeting deliverables for the business. At this capacity, the role also incorporates the existing development backlog and makes priorities as determined by the business, consumer, and market needs.
- Product Evangelism: This position is also tasked with representing the product for the business and promoting the product by advocating for its value and benefits.
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- 5 - 7 years' experience in delivering analysis service in an SDLC context and 2 years of leading analysis teams. Also, candidates will need to show that they have had experience in thought leadership in order to inspire team to develop and grow.
- Candidates will need to have a superior ability to synthesize diverse and complex information and data and design refined strategies, solutions, workflows, and procedures that are presentable to the technology, and business stakeholders
- Excellent customer support and communication skills. Both verbal and written skills to develop documentation, presentations, and reports that can be used for analysis and/or to mentor and train others.
- Must have excellent leadership qualities and the ability to influence and inspire the subordinate product managers in applying various approaches or strategies for the product.
- Demonstrated ability to design, collaborate and deliver services from need to production. Sought by others for advice and solutions, making good decisions using rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Fluent in SAFe concepts and principles
- Certified Product Owner, Certified Scrum Master, Certification in Data Analytics
- Facilitation and advanced communication skills
- Skill in negotiation
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Skill in conveying technical information to non-technical users
- Skill in handling multiple competing priorities
- Consultation, project management, analysis
- Advanced troubleshooting skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Supplemental Information
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact your recruiter listed on this job announcement.
A completed King County Application with an attached resume and cover letter are required for consideration.
In addition to filling the current vacancy, this position may be used to fill future vacancies.
Union Status: This position is represented by L117: IT Managers and Supervisors
(For internal use only: Classification: IT Enterprise Manager III - 1230300)
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you authorized to work in the United States?
02Does your authorization require sponsorship now or in the future from an employer or other source? (This does not preclude you from being considered for this position.)
03Are you applying to this position as a Priority Placement Program Participant And Is this position the same or lower percentage of full-time when compared to the position held at the point of the notification of layoff AND Do you possess the skills and abilities to qualify for this position?
04If you answered yes to the question above and you are applying for this position as a Priority Placement Participant, to be considered, you must provide the following three pieces of information in the space provided: 1. The title you held when you received your layoff notice 2. The department you worked in 3. The effective date of your layoff
- Yes, I was given a layoff notice from my role at King County AND I am within two years of the effective date of my layoff. AND The position I was laid off from was the same or a higher percentage of FT status when compared to this one.