Customer Service Specialist IV
King County Records and Licensing Services is looking for a Customer Service Specialist 4 to join our dynamic Recorder’s Office team! This position will give you the opportunity to showcase your experience in a variety of areas, including; taking a lead role in providing excellent customer service to all stakeholders and strategic thinking.
The King County Recorder’s Office provides services such as marriage licenses, and recording real property documents.
Records and Licensing Services' guiding principles and core values govern our roles and responsibilities as employees. We are actively seeking employees whose behavior is in alignment with our division's core values of; Collaboration, Service-Oriented, Results-Focused, Accountability, Innovation, Fair, Just, and Professional, as well as the Recorder's Office values of Timeliness, Accuracy, Consistency, Informative and Welcoming.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a leader in service excellence, committed to building an enduring legacy of continuous improvements and employee engagement.
Scope of Job Duties: To be considered for this opportunity, you must at a minimum demonstrate skill and ability to:
- Perform administrative support tasks such as data entry, email and document records management; mail sorting, filing and phone support;
- Process service requests and explain procedures and regulations in the areas of marriage licenses and real property recorded documents;
- Provide customer service to clients and the general public that includes the regular handling difficult and escalated customer service situations, discretion, and diplomacy while handling sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner;
- Reconcile office balancing and prepare deposit for bank drop or pick up;
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly recap and statistics for supervisor;
- Prioritize and identify daily workload, provide direction and support for Customer Service Specialist 3 (CSS3), assist in training of new employees and provide feedback and coaching to CSS3 employees;
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a background providing excellent customer service and juggling multiple tasks on a daily basis;
- Have experience and are comfortable working with large amounts data and using multiple databases with ease;
- Are an independent thinker who looks for new ways to solve problems;
- Have the ability to act as a coordinator or liaison with individuals and groups, including management, co-workers and other agencies;
- Have effective communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on collaboration and working as a team;
- Are flexible and comfortable with working at different customer service centers through King County on a regular basis;
- Are comfortable and proficient in using Office Productivity tools in your daily work (the county uses Microsoft Office).
- This position is represented by Teamsters Local 117, Professional, Technical, and Administrative Employees.
Are you ready to APPLY?
The recruitment for this position is open to all applicants. A completed King County Application is required. We highly recommend that you also provide a cover letter detailing your experiences as it relates to this position and a resume.
If you have any questions, please contact DES Talent Solutions.
- Supplemental Information
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
King County Executive Branch employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate for the position you applied for, the County will send you a conditional offer letter.
As a condition of employment, prior to a final offer of employment, you will be required to:
- submit proof of vaccination, or
- have an approved request for medical or religious exemption and an approved accommodation. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
People are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the final dose of a vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The Executive Branch includes employees in the Executive branch, the Assessor's Office, Elections, the King County Sheriff's Office, and the Executive Office.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact the recruiter listed on this job announcement.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you applying to this position as an eligible current or previous King County Employee Priority Placement Program Participant? Is this position the same or lower percentage of full-time when compared to the position held at the point of the notification of layoff? Do you possess the skills and abilities to qualify for this position?
02If you answered yes to the question above and you are applying for this position as a Priority Placement Participant, to be considered, you must provide the following three pieces of information in the space provided: 1. The title you held when you received your layoff notice 2. The department you worked in 3. The effective date of your layoff
- Yes, I was given a layoff notice from my role at King County and I am within two years of the effective date of my layoff. Additionally, the position I was laid off from was the same or a higher percentage of FT status when compared to this one.