Dentist - Mobile Medical Van
- Public Health – Seattle and King County values diverse perspectives and life experiences. The Department encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Public Health Seattle-King County is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and flexible dentist to fill a short-term, temporary position with the Mobile Medical Program. Mobile Medical seeks to build relationships with people living homeless by providing integrated, medical and dental services at mobile clinics that travel throughout Seattle and South King County. Care provided on the mobile dental van often acts a critical first step in encouraging patients to engage with the program's other services including behavioral health counseling, housing assessments and linkages to ongoing social services. The candidate selected for this position will be available to accept multiple shifts each month, able to work well within a team environment and demonstrate an interest in serving vulnerable adults.
Commitment To Equity And Social Justice: As the only jurisdiction in the world named after Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., one of the most influential civil rights leaders in our nation's history, King County is a vibrant international community with residents that represent countries from around the world. It is a region with increasing diversity that cherishes the traditions of many cultures.
We have a deep commitment to equity and social justice and advancing practices, strategies and policies that promote fairness, justice and opportunity for all – in our workplaces and our communities. With this commitment, King County has adopted a pro-equity agenda to advance regional change and ensure that residents from vulnerable communities are incorporated into our emergency planning and public outreach efforts.
The selected candidate will integrate King County's Equity and Social Justice principles into the daily functions of this position.
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified candidates.
Work Location: Dental services are conducted on 40 foot mobile dental clinics that travel to regularly scheduled free meal programs throughout Seattle and South King County.
Work Schedule: The mobile dental van operates eight clinics per month held during four hour shifts. For a full list of our monthly clinic locations and times, please Mobile Medical's website here: www.kingcounty.gov/health/mobilemed.
Application Process: (Posting may be used to fill other recruitments in the next 6 months)
- NEOGOV/Government Jobs on-line or paper application
- Supplemental questionnaire responses
- Resume and cover letter.
You may attach multiple documents if you wish: Copy and paste one or more documents into the text resume section of the application. Attach multiple documents/files in the resume attachment section.
Your application may be rejected as incomplete if you do not include the standard information in the application. Providing information only in a resume or a cover letter will not be considered a complete application.
This position will remain open until filled, but applications received by March 13, 2020 at 11: 59 pm will receive first consideration.
Contact: If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact Ma-Eyongerie Frambo, Human Resource Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-263-3587.
- Job Duties
- Provide high quality general dental services as allowed by the Washington State Dental Practice Act, RCW 18.32.
- Collaborate with site management and other staff dentist to provide leadership in quality dental practice and optimum team functioning.
- Provide oversight of clinical dental practice and direction to dental assistants.
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate the following (Minimum):
- Current Washington State License to practice dentistry.
- Ability to provide leadership and work as a team member in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining working relationships and working with diverse populations, staff, and cultures.
- The selected candidate must be able to work as a Medicaid accepted provider. Public Health will assist selected candidate in registration with Medicaid.
- Documentation of current BLS CPR certification with AED training required at time of hire. CPR/AED Heartsaver courses do not meet this requirement.
The most competitive applicants will have the following experiences and qualifications (Desired):
- Demonstrated experience in quadrant dentistry.
- Demonstrated experience in simple oral surgery.
- Demonstrated experience with removable prosthetics.
- Demonstrated experienced working in a community or public health setting.
- Applicants bilingual in English and Spanish are desired.
- Supplemental Information
- This selection process may include but is not limited to: evaluation of application materials, responses to supplemental questions, interviewing and reference checking. For more information on our selection process, please refer to http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/jobs.aspx. For tips on interviewing, please visit https://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/audience/employees/learning-and-development/Interview_Tips.ashx?la=en
- Public Health relies on office automation (Microsoft Office) and web-based enabled tools, therefore candidates must be proficient and comfortable with computer use to perform functions associated with on-going work.
- Regular and reliable attendance, effective communication skills, and development of effective working relationships are requirements of all Public Health positions.
- Staff may be required to play a role as a first responder in the event of a Public Health emergency.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The selected candidate must be credentialed with a provisional clinical staff appointment prior to the actual practice date and remain credentialed with re-appointments (recredentialing) every two years.
- The selected candidate is responsible for licensure renewal in a timely manner as required by the Dental Quality Assurance Commission and as required by law.
- The selected candidate must pass a background investigation.
- Employees are required to protect the privacy and security of protected health information as defined in State and Federal Law.
- Employees are required to adhere to OSHA/WISHA guidelines including but not limited to completing their mandatory trainings on time.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver's License or the ability to travel to and between work sites or other remote locations within a reasonable timeframe.
Union Membership: This position is not represented by a union.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you able to provide dental extractions?
02Please describe your prior experience providing care for individuals from diverse cultural, racial, linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds.03Please describe your prior experience providing care for individuals with mental health or substance use conditions.04Please describe your prior experience charting in electronic health record.