Designer Solutions Analyst (Functional Analyst III)
Do you enjoy making a foundational impact at one of the nation’s busiest primary non-hub airport within a warm, fun, motivating, and inspiring team? The King County International Airport, a division of King County Executive Services, is seeking a passionate, experienced, and tech-savvy team player for designing and drafting using AutoDesk, Civil3D, and Revit with an interest in a variety of business applications and systems. In alignment with King County International Airport’s (KCIA) vision of being a world-class airport by 2030, we are improving the quality and standards of our geospatial data, along with enhancing our business processes, procedures, and workflows between how we manage and maintain our technical data between AutoCAD and GIS.
ABOUT KING COUNTY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (BOEING FIELD)
KCIA is one of the busiest primary non-hub general aviation airports in the nation. Located just four miles south of downtown Seattle, it averages 200,000 aircraft operations each year. In 2001, it was named by the National Air Transportation Association as one of the "100 Most Needed Airports" in the United States.
To learn more about King County International Airport please visit kingcounty.gov/airport.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
As the only jurisdiction in the world named after Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., one of the most influential civil rights leaders in our nation's history, King County is a vibrant international community with residents that represent countries from around the world. It is a region with increasing diversity that cherishes the traditions of many cultures.
We have a deep commitment to equity and social justice and advancing practices, strategies, and policies that promote fairness, justice, and opportunity for all – in our workplaces and our communities. With this commitment, King County has adopted a pro-equity agenda to advance regional change.
To learn more, please visit http://www.kingcounty.gov/elected/executive/equity-social-justice.aspx
The Designer Solutions Analyst will create, update, and maintain KCIA’s AutoCAD drawings, perform data quality assurance and quality control, integrating as-builts, project deliverable drawings and models, organizing our AutoCAD drawings with best practices and applying aviation industry standards, and preparing and maintaining drawings that are consumed or used across various software applications or systems. This exciting position will contain career growth opportunities for receiving training to work with various business applications and systems.
Scope of Job Duties: In order to be considered minimally qualified for this role, you must demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to perform the following:
- Serve as the AutoCAD lead for creating, editing, designing, updating, and maintaining electrical, mechanical, civil, industrial, and/or structural drawings to meet specifications utilizing AutoCAD and Civil 3D with the ability to generate and implement tool used for maintaining, tracking, documenting changes with AutoCAD drawings, as-builts, x-references, blocks, etc.
- Conceptualizing, developing, implementing, and maintaining Revit Building Information Models (BIM), vehicle tracking conceptual modeling, asset management, vertical asset management drawings.
- Serve as the Airport’s technical liaison with consultants and facilitate discussions on capital improvement project deliverables of as-builts for integrating technical data with airport master CAD data and prepare data for conversion to GIS.
- Perform quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC), monitor, and manage AutoCAD drawings for lifecycle asset management and consumption in GIS.
- Define, create, and update drawings/documentation and establish change management processes to ensure adherence to aviation industry AutoCAD standards and best practice.
- Have a strong background and experience drafting with programs including: AutoDesk AutoCAD, Civil3D, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Vehicle Tracking, and Bluebeam;
- Have ability to perform necessary mathematical computations using plane geometry and trigonometry fundamentals;
- Can accumulate field data for the preparation of detailed engineering drawings with minimal physical exertion, field surveys, and inspections;
- Is a team player; understands how to work well as a team and supportive of coworkers.
- Are great communicators who feel comfortable communicating with airport staff;
- Is a champion for Equity & Social Justice. Understands that systematic racism and its long-term effects are pervasive in our society. Are comfortable having candid and sincere conversations with about race and equity in their work.
- Are interested in expanding their knowledge of asset management including vertical asset management;
- Is tech savvy and proficient working with current technology on a daily basis in their work. The county uses Microsoft 365, Content Management Systems, and other software/hardware devices.
This recruitment is open to all applicants. Vacancies that occur in the next 12 months can be filled by this recruitment.
A King County Application is required. We highly suggest that you include a letter of interest and a resume with your submission.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Denise Lin at email@example.com or at 206-477-6445.
- Supplemental Information
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact your recruiter listed on this job announcement.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you applying to this position as an eligible Current or Previous King County Employee Priority Placement Program Participant AND Is this position the same or lower percentage of full-time when compared to the position held at the point of the notification of layoff AND Do you possess the skills and abilities to qualify for this position?
02If you answered yes to the question above and you are applying for this position as a Priority Placement Participant, to be considered, you must provide the following three pieces of information in the space provided: 1. The title you held when you received your layoff notice 2. The department you worked in 3. The effective date of your layoff
- Yes, I was given a layoff notice from my role at King County AND I am within two years of the effective date of my layoff. AND The position I was laid off from was the same or a higher percentage of FT status when compared to this one.