EBS Projects Team Leader
THIS POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICAITONS ARE REVIEWED AS RECEIVED
Come make a difference in the community and bring your rock star EBS Project Governance and Execution Leadership skills to King County’s EBS Team.
About King County:
King County is the largest County in Washington State and the 12th most populous in the United States. King County is striving to be the best run government in the United States and is focused on many key initiatives, including Regional Mobility, Equity and Social Justice and Climate Change. It is the financial, economic, and industrial center of the Pacific Northwest region. The County provides a broad range of services including public transportation, road construction and maintenance, wastewater treatment, agricultural services, parks and recreation facilities, law enforcement, criminal detention, rehabilitative services, court services, tax assessments and collections, land use planning and permitting, zoning, public healthcare, emergency medical services, election services, animal control, and the disposal of solid waste.
About the EBS Team:
The EBS Team is a part of the Business Resource Center (BRC) within King County’s Department of Executive Services. The BRC is an independent agency chartered to deliver business value through enabling technology and integrated solutions and the support of those solutions. The BRC manages the County’s ERP applications, Oracle EBS, Oracle Business Intelligence, PeopleSoft, and Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Services.
The BRC embraces Lean, Shingo House, continuous improvement, best practices, empowers innovation, and strives for second-to-none customer service.
BRC and King County True North and Values:
The EBS Team is chartered with enabling and supporting many Agencies and Business Partners across King County. We strive to effectively partner with all of our customers on value and equity driven process improvements and initiatives, partner with our BRC counterparts on cross-functional or joint team initiatives, and we also support the on-going operations of the EBS system.
We current manage and support a hybrid environment:
- Oracle EBS version 12.2.7 is on premise and integrated with PeopleSoft, PBCS, BI Analytics and Department operational systems. .
- We are also nearing the end of a Procurement Technology Modernization project, which is the first major step into the Cloud for King County ERP SaaS Applications. This project includes the implementation of Procurement Cloud for Solicitations and Contracts, Service Requests, and Concur for travel and expense.
- Our long term strategy includes continued process/system improvements and the planning for continued migrations into the Cloud.
This is a rare opportunity to join the EBS team as the EBS Project and Governance Execution leader. This leadership position will mentor and coach an experienced, multi-functional, and cohesive team of business system analysts responsible for optimizing and maintaining King County's ERP Financials and Supply Chain systems.
This position will oversee a team responsible for the ongoing intake, prioritization, and implementation of projects and enhancements related to Oracle EBS, Oracle Cloud SaaS Applications, Concur, and other related ERP Financial and Supply Chain systems. This includes reviewing and coordinating the functional efforts between staff and with business customers and partners across multiple organizational units. This position will also participate in and lead other internal and customer facing Oracle EBS initiatives.
It is our desire to engage an energetic and motivated leader with strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence necessary to build a team and provide excellent customer service to stakeholders.
Previous hands-on experience as an EBS business systems analyst or equivalent in 3 or more medium to large full project lifecycles is a plus.
*This position is open to Special Duty or a full-time 2 year Term Limited Temporary (TLT), with the possibility for extension.
SCOPE OF JOB DUTIES – In order to be considered minimally qualified, applicants must demonstrate a background which provides the knowledge, skill, and ability to:
- Play a pivotal team leadership role to support efforts to standardize, optimize, and extend the Oracle EBS software and sustain quality assurance practices;
- Engage and build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders including business partners and customers to support team members in identifying, and recommending appropriate Oracle EBS solutions taking into account competing business needs and priorities;
- Participate in and lead Oracle EBS projects and process improvement efforts with multi- disciplinary teams ensuring alignment with BRC and King County strategic plans, policies, and procedures;
- Provide and grow Oracle EBS, Oracle Cloud, and other ERP systems, subject matter expertise for system change management and governance teams;
- Organize and track progress for all Project Governance & Execution team functional activities.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO
- Are great people leaders who can demonstrate they have the experience to direct work, coach and supervise a diverse staff with a focus on inclusion and engagement, good communication, transparency, and effective team building;
- Know how to lead and manage to people's strengths;
- Have strong, hands-on experience cultivating a culture of innovation on a team to enable the creation of new and better ways for the organization to be successful and deliver value to customers and stakeholders;
- Have knowledge of governmental Financial and Supply Chain processes and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Possess strong ability to build trust and collaborative customer and peer relationships. Uses customer insights to drive and guide delivery of solutions, improvements and efficiencies. Navigate through and manage conflicting stakeholder perspectives and priorities;
- Have strong relationship building skills and self-awareness of your own strengths and weakness;
- Is culturally aware and competent. Have the ability to lead in a multi-cultural environment;
- Have a background in quality assurance and business process re-engineering. Have applied lean methodologies for continuous improvement.
- Balance a strong work ethic with a positive attitude and sense of humor!
- Love Technology and Teamwork!
Why King County's Business Resource Center (BRC) is a great place to work!
King County offers great benefits, to include a pension, bank holidays, telecommute days, transit pass, plus training and education opportunities to promote growth and development.
You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues who embrace a one team approach, and continuous improvement, equity and inclusion, delivering customer value, and who are adept at remote working and collaboration.
Our focus is to provide our employees with work life balance
- Competitive healthcare plans
- Flexible work environment incorporating remote working
- Free Orca Card allowing multiple transportation options to/from the office
- On-Site exercise facilities and bike storage
- Leadership Support and structured employee assistance program
- Paid vacation time (in addition to paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- Deferred compensation plan
- Employer Contributions to state pension plan
- Ten paid holidays and Two Additional personal holidays
- Downtown with tons of great lunch spots within walking distance
What people have said about working in the Business Resource Center.
“The Business Resource Center provides an environment with highly diverse work groups and business partners, offering opportunities for professional growth and challenges, learning new skills and the latest technology and applications.”
“Employee ideas and contributions are highly valued and supported by supervisors and managers, and employees are able to offer solutions to issues that can be brought before business partners and stakeholders.”
“Employees have the freedom to manage their own workload, which is both challenging and rewarding. Work involves not only resolving issues and finding the root cause of problems, but also interacting directly with business partners and experiencing the positive feedback of their appreciation.”
“The job is constantly evolving, providing new professional challenges and opportunities for growth, and this comes with a supportive environment with others around you who are rooting for your success as much as their own.”
Until further notice, the BRC team is telecommuting full-time.
The office is located in the heart of downtown Seattle at the Chinook building. There are hundreds of great lunch spots and transit options within walking distance.
Living in Seattle Washington
This recruitment is open to all applicants. A King County Application is required. We highly suggest that you include a letter of interest and a resume with your submission.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Robert James at 206-263-9414, or Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a thorough background and reference check.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Which of the following best describes your response to the following question: Are you applying to this position as a Priority Placement Program Participant and is this position the same or lower percentage of FT and do you possess the skills and abilities to qualify for this position?
02If you answered yes to the question above and you are applying for this position as a Priority Placement Participant, to be considered, you must provide the following three pieces of information in the space provided: 1. The title you held when you received your layoff notice 2. The department you worked in 3. The effective date of your layoff
- Yes, I was given a layoff notice from my role at King County AND I am within two years of the effective date of my layoff. AND The position I was laid off from was the same or a higher percentage of FT status when compared to this one.