Finance and Administrative Services Fiscal Specialist
** This position is open to King County employees ONLY**
Metro Transit's Finance and Administration Division is looking for a highly organized, customer-focused, Finance and Administrative Services Fiscal Specialist to complete a one-year Special Duty Assignment (SDA). The Finance and Administrative Services Fiscal Specialist is an integral member of the Finance and Administration team, and will assist the financial accounting, grants administration, and management for the Public Transportation Enterprise Fund and contracting for Metro Transit. This role works under the guidance of the Finance and Administrative Services Manager.
This position is only open to career service King County employees that have passed their initial probationary period. This recruitment will be used to fill one Special Duty position that is funded through December 31, 2022, with the possibility of an extension.
- Job Duties
Applying equity and social justice principles is a daily responsibility and a foundational expectation for all King County employees. All employees are expected to model and apply our equity and social justice shared values, behaviors, and practices. As the Finance and Administrative Services Fiscal Specialist, you will:
- Perform reconciliations on financial accounts - including daily ORCA pass sales, rideshare sales and cash fares, as well as daily bank statement reconciliations.
- Coordinate the annual asset inventory for the Department and assist with research in the County’s Fixed Asset management system.
- Perform account, grant and transactional research in the Oracle Financial System to answer client inquiries.
- Manage input of data and physical deposits of checks sent as payment to the department.
- Coordinate the reconciliation of petty cash with the assigned custodians at Metro facilities.
- Analyze financial information and prepare documentation to support state and federal grant billings.
- Perform state and federal grant revenue reconciliations.
- Assist with the management of state and federal grant awards, expenditure and billing data, documents, and environmental information.
- Assist with the preparation of information required for the Federal Transit Administration Triennial Review, including the preparation for on-line or in person meetings with the review team.
- Assist with the preparation, review, and editing of grant desk manuals and Project Manager manuals.
- Manage a Metro contracts system to assist the tracking, administration, and closeout of agreements.
- Assist with the drafting, editing, and finalization of interagency agreements and contracts for both capital and operating projects.
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
We are looking for someone who has:
- Knowledge of the EBS/Oracle Financial system.
- Understanding of basic financial transactions.
- Understanding of basic contracting principles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Supplemental Information
How To Apply
To apply, you must enter an online employment application at www.kingcounty.gov/jobs and provide answers to the supplemental questions. A cover letter outlining how your skills and experience make you a fit for this position is also highly recommended.
*Please provide complete application. Resumes will not be reviewed.
Who May Apply
This position is only open to career service King County employees that have passed their initial probationary period.
This position is represented by Professional and Technical Employees, Local 17 - Transit Administrative Support.
This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is eligible for overtime pay. Work schedule is normally Monday through Friday, 40-hour work week. Variations may be required depending on the needs of the work.
Primarily teleworking and the King Street Center - 201 S. Jackson St., Seattle, WA
The work associated with this position will be performed predominantly by teleworking; complemented with onsite work and meetings as needed. Employees will have access to shared workspaces at various King County facilities. Employees must reside in Washington state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements.
Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection (access may be supplemented in some situations) where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual,
safety precautions are required, including the wearing of masks in some situations. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team that is redefining how we work as we transition to the department's hybrid environment.
For more information on this recruitment, please contact:
Beatrice Rice, Talent Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
King County employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
This directive applies to employees in the Executive branch*, the Assessor's Office, Elections, the King County Sheriff's Office, and the Executive Office.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact your recruiter listed on this job announcement.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.