Fiscal Specialist III
King County Department of Executive Services (DES) is looking for two Fiscal Specialist 3s to join our dynamic team!
These positions present an opportunity to showcase your skills in a variety of areas, including; financial transactions, customer service, data manipulation, workflow processing, and teamwork. These are exciting opportunities to be a leader in service excellence, committed to building an enduring legacy of continuous improvements and employee engagement.
The Office of Risk Management Services (ORMS) is seeking to fill a 1-year TLT or Special duty assignment. The Fleet Services Division is seeking to fill a permanent position.
DES’s guiding principles and core values govern our roles and responsibilities as employees. We are actively seeking employees whose behavior is in alignment with our division's core values:
- Respect & Integrity: We encourage an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect; working to demonstrate these principles in all interactions. We strive to do the right thing at all times and in all circumstances, realizing that the strength of our organization is based on the good character of each individual.
- Teamwork: We create a culture of collaboration and contribution by taking pride in our team and trusting one another. We have confidence in each other's capabilities and assume positive intent. We engage in healthy conflict through open and honest communication.
- Commitment to Excellence: We endeavor to continuously improve our organization by maintaining high standards and developing our team members. We value quality and accountability while providing timely and responsive service.
- Stewards of Public Resources: We safeguard public resources through adherence to required timelines, careful consideration of liability, and continuous improvement. We collaborate with county agencies to ensure transparency and achieve risk optimization.
- Process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions an accurate and timely manner;
- Research and summarize specialized or technical information from varied sources, which requires selecting the most appropriate material and the use of spreadsheets and/or database applications. Verify and reconcile data discrepancies;
- Research, enter, and audit claims data including generating reports using the ORMS Claims System;
- Research, enter, and audit work order data including generating reports using the Fleet work order and fuel management systems;
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers on the phone, in writing and in person, while handing sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner;
- Assist with workflow documentation and improvement;
- Process incoming mail and documents; attach related correspondence or information before forwarding as appropriate; select mail to handle personally where the response requires specialized knowledge of the assigned function; identify priority and/or time-sensitive matters; and maintain security and confidentiality;
- Draft, summarize, prepare, proofread and edit documents, and correspondence to ensure appropriate use of the English language, specialized terminology and established procedures;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be experienced in Oracle financial and procurement transactions;
- Welcome managing and prioritizing a high volume of diverse assignments and multiple competing tasks with a strong attention to detail;
- Be proficient in the use the Microsoft Office including higher level skill in performing financial transactions using Microsoft Excel in your daily work;
- Be eager to learn about King County Risk and/or King County Fleet functions and processes;
- Thrive working both independently and working collaboratively as part of a team;
- Be flexible and comfortable in a change environment and be excited to learn new skills and implement new processes to continuously improve services.
The Fleet Services Fiscal Specialist 3 will report in person to the Fleet Maintenance facility at 155 Monroe Ave NE, Renton, WA 98056. Occasional travel to other Fleet offices in downtown Seattle and/or Seattle’s Georgetown neighborhood may be required. A hybrid in-office/telework schedule may be an option in the future depending on process changes and business needs.
Are you ready to APPLY?
This exciting opportunity to join County government is open to all applicants and will remain open until filled. The position is open until filled. We will review applications as received.
The recruitment for this position is open to King County Employees only. A completed King County Application is required. We highly recommend that you also provide a cover letter and resume.
If you have any questions, please contact DES Talent Solutions at DESTalentSolutions@kingcounty.gov
This position is represented by Teamsters Local 117, Professional, Technical, and Administrative Employees
This recruitment is an effort to fill our immediate vacancies as well as create a hire list that will be used for any positions that become vacant within the next 12 months.
- Supplemental Information
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
King County Executive Branch employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate for the position you applied for, the County will send you a conditional offer letter.
As a condition of employment, prior to a final offer of employment, you will be required to:
- submit proof of vaccination, or
- have an approved request for medical or religious exemption and an approved accommodation. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
People are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the final dose of a vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The Executive Branch includes employees in the Executive branch, the Assessor's Office, Elections, the King County Sheriff's Office, and the Executive Office.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact the recruiter listed on this job announcement.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you applying to this position as an eligible current or previous King County Employee Priority Placement Program Participant? Is this position the same or lower percentage of full-time when compared to the position held at the point of the notification of layoff? Do you possess the skills and abilities to qualify for this position?
02If you answered yes to the question above and you are applying for this position as a Priority Placement Participant, to be considered, you must provide the following three pieces of information in the space provided: 1. The title you held when you received your layoff notice 2. The department you worked in 3. The effective date of your layoff
- Yes, I was given a layoff notice from my role at King County and I am within two years of the effective date of my layoff. Additionally, the position I was laid off from was the same or a higher percentage of FT status when compared to this one.