Functional Analyst III
This recruitment is to fill a Functional Analyst III Term-Limited Temporary position that is anticipated to end November 2021. If filled by a King County employee, it will be as a Special Duty Assignment.
Do you define your success in terms of what the whole team has accomplished? Do you inspire a shared vision for your team? This may be the position for you!
The Procurement and Payables Section of the Finance and Business Operations Division is looking for a Functional Analyst Lead to serve as the technical expert in the Business side of the Oracle iProcurement and iExpense modules. You will get an opportunity to work for an organization that procures virtually every product and service through multi-million-dollar contracts. We strive for continuous improvements for ourselves and our customers with work-life benefits that are nearly unmatched in the private sector.
We are looking for candidates who aren't afraid to bring creative ideas and suggestions to the workplace and have a keen ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with their customers and co-workers. Successful candidates will have a passion for learning, take personal initiative, enjoy finding creative solutions to unique problems, and ensure the highest quality customer support is delivered by their team.
The Finance and Business Operations Division's mission is to provide exceptional customer value for accounting, procurement, treasury, payroll, benefits and small business services. We are actively seeking employees whose behavior is in alignment with our division's core values: Respect, Teamwork, Results and Innovation.
Scope of Job Duties: To be considered for this opportunity, you must at a minimum, demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to do:
Staff Lead: Assign and monitor tasks to optimize daily production; lead business process improvement projects; coaching, mentoring and leading staff; resolve difficult and unusual situations.
System Administration: Serve as the FBOD functional technical expert in Oracle P2P Module including iProcurement and iExpense modules and business intelligence. Design and develop customized reports and queries. Maintain the accuracy and integrity of system and data. Investigate, troubleshoot and document complex functional system problems. Analyze and test proposed Oracle EBS systems interfaces, enhancements, and upgrades prior to implementation.
Liaison: Support the development and provide trainings as needed to users on system changes, enhancements, and be the liaison between users and technical support. Effectively translate between technical and business language.
System Support: Provide system functional support and user support for business and financial systems.
Business Process Analysis: Create business processes that leverage system design to optimize performance and increase efficiency and automation; create business process documentation and system functionality demonstrations. Document and work to resolve functional gaps identified during these demonstrations.
Training: Support the creation of user-friendly training documents and demonstrations on system functionality including routine maintenance of modules, tables, queries and reports.
Competitive Candidates will:
- Have experience as a business systems analyst for an automated financial system involving systems testing, transaction processing and troubleshooting applications. Working knowledge of organizational business practices, work flow analysis, business systems design, and process re-engineering
- Be an analytical thinker, troubleshooter and creative problem solver
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and expect the same of their staff
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; work effectively in leading teams to build trusting relationships, resolve conflicts, make commitments and produce results
- Experience with mentoring, coaching and training
- Be able to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly
- Have advanced skills in documenting business processes, develop technical operational written procedures and in using Microsoft Excel and Word
We would love it if you have:
- Experience using Oracle EBS and public procurement to payment business processes.
- Experience performing in a Lead or Supervisor role.
- Knowledge of contracting laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Experience managing different opinions, facilitating discussion, resolving conflict, and finding resolution.
Other Position Information:
This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is therefore not overtime-eligible. Our employees are paid on a bi-weekly schedule, every other Thursday, comprising a 40-hour workweek; normally 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position is not represented by a union.
Temporary Telecommuting Requirement:
The work associated with this position will be performed remotely, at least through January 8, 2021 in compliance with King County’s telecommuting mandate. It is possible that the work will be primarily performed remotely on an ongoing basis after January 8, 2021. Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours. Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements. There will be situations where the employee is required to report to a County worksite. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual, safety precautions are required by the department in alignment with the Public Health Directive from the Seattle & King County Public Health Officer.
To support employees during this time King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
The Application Process:
The recruitment for this position is open to all qualified candidates. This recruitment is to fill a Term-Limited Temporary (TLT) position that is anticipated to end November 2021. If the TLT position is filled by a King County employee who has passed their initial King County probation, it will be as a Special Duty Assignment.
A completed King County Application is required. We highly recommend that you also provide a cover letter and resume.
If you have any questions or concerns while applying, please contact:
Jen Montoya, HR Analyst
Note: Online applications are preferred. However, if you cannot apply online, go to www.kingcounty.gov/jobs for other options.
- Supplemental Information
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact your recruiter listed on this job announcement.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you applying to this position as a Priority Placement Program Participant And Is this position the same or lower percentage of full-time when compared to the position held at the point of the notification of layoff AND Do you possess the skills and abilities to qualify for this position?
02If you answered yes to the question above and you are applying for this position as a Priority Placement Participant, to be considered, you must provide the following three pieces of information in the space provided: 1. The title you held when you received your layoff notice 2. The department you worked in 3. The effective date of your layoff
- Yes, I was given a layoff notice from my role at King County AND I am within two years of the effective date of my layoff. AND The position I was laid off from was the same or a higher percentage of FT status when compared to this one.