This recruitment will be used to fill Term-Limited Temporary (TLT) and/or Special Duty Assignment (SDA) positions. The TLT/SDA is anticipated to last till December 30, 2022 with possible extensions.
In order to hire and maintain a quality workforce that reflects the diversity of the community and works well within our True North values-based organization, the Permitting Division of the Department of Local Services (DLS) is accepting applications for the position of HR Analyst.
Our ideal candidate will have expertise in Recruiting, protected Leave Management, and HRIS Administration. We are seeking a detail oriented Human Resource Generalist that is customer focused, dedicated to continuous process improvement, and committed to stellar service delivery.
- Job Duties
Applying equity and social justice principles is a daily responsibility and a foundational expectation for all King County employees. In this role, you will apply equity and social justice principles that exemplify shared values, behaviors, and practices to all aspects of the work.
- Manage and perform full-cycle recruitment processes. Partner with hiring managers and internal stakeholders to identify position requirements and understand hiring needs.
- Act as a system administrator for PeopleSoft HCM and other software programs by managing data, creating reports, and solving moderate to complex technical problems related to the systems.
- Provide information, advice, and consultation on leaves to employees and supervisors and administer FMLA and other leave benefits by reviewing and approving leave requests, ensuring approvals and denials comply with Federal, State, and County laws and policies.
- Provide professional level consultation demonstrating skill, ability and knowledge in employment rules, practices, policies, and laws and apply these in the course of daily duties.
- Assist in contract administration, including investigation of grievances, and preparation for meetings.
- Be innovative in developing, managing, and conducting an equitable recruitment processes by creating job announcements, advertisements, recruitment plans, selection materials, interview questions while administering a merit-based selection process.
- Focus on the employee experience from hire through end of employment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO HAVE:
- Experience in performing full-cycle recruitment.
- Experience in database applications and analytical tools, including evaluating data quality and who are familiar with HR laws and practices.
- Experience in leaves administration and providing information, advice, and consultation to employees and supervisors.
- Have strong customer service, organizational, analytical, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Are proficient in using office productivity suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) in daily work as well the ability to use application tracking and/or enterprise resource planning (ERP) software. (The county uses Microsoft Office, NeoGov, and PeopleSoft Human Capital Management application);
- Has a continuous improvement mindset.
- Skill in grievance investigation, conflict resolution and mediation
- Passionate about collaborating with our diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Supplemental Information
WORK SCHEDULE: The work week is normally Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., but may at times require work outside of normal business hours and/or on weekends. This full-time position is overtime eligible.
SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants will be screened for clarity, completeness, and competitiveness. The most competitive candidates may be invited to participate in one or more interviews. Interviews will be conducted via Teams. Reference checks and/or file reviews will also be conducted.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Non-Represented
The work associated with this position will be performed predominantly by teleworking; complemented with onsite work and meetings as needed. Employees will have access to shared workspaces at various King County facilities.) Employees must reside in Washington state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements.
Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection (access may be supplemented in some situations) where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual, safety precautions are required, including the wearing of masks in some situations. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team that is redefining how we work as we transition to the department's hybrid environment.
Are you ready to APPLY?
The recruitment for this position is open to all applicants. A completed King County Application is required. We highly recommend that you also provide a cover letter and resume.
For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Human Resources Analyst
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
As of October 18, 2021, most* King County employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination by October 18th. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
This directive applies to employees in the Executive branch*, the Assessor's Office, Elections, the King County Sheriff's Office, and the Executive Office.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact your recruiter listed on this job announcement.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you applying to this position as an eligible Current or Previous King County Employee Priority Placement Program Participant AND Is this position the same or lower percentage of full-time when compared to the position held at the point of the notification of layoff AND Do you possess the skills and abilities to qualify for this position?
02If you answered yes to the question above and you are applying for this position as a Priority Placement Participant, to be considered, you must provide the following three pieces of information in the space provided: 1. The title you held when you received your layoff notice 2. The department you worked in 3. The effective date of your layoff
- Yes, I was given a layoff notice from my role at King County AND I am within two years of the effective date of my layoff. AND The position I was laid off from was the same or a higher percentage of FT status when compared to this one.