HR Analyst (Talent Specialist)
- This recruitment will remain open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. First review of applications will begin on June 21, 2021.
The King County Department of Human Resources Talent Acquisition Team seeks a Talent Specialist (HR Analyst) to fill a six month Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Special Duty Assignment (SDA). Position is anticipated to extend at least through December 2021.
Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, the individual selected will provide professional level recruiting services, consultation, guidance, analysis, and reporting on the processes and activities that support King County's equitable recruitment objectives.
The successful candidate will have a strong foundation of knowledge in Human Resources. Stepping into a fun and fast paced team, they will bring hands-on experience supporting recruitment and selection activities in a public sector environment, and proficiency as a NEOGOV Insight user.
- Job Duties
- Independently prioritize, plan, coordinate, and implement duties as necessary to support and fulfill hiring needs to accomplish the assigned responsibilities.
- Research, gather, accumulate, organize, and communicate information professionally to customers and stakeholders, both orally and in writing, using various technologies such as telephone, electronic mail, computer equipment, etc.
- Provide professional support in the efficient use and maintenance of information in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) NEOGOV.
- Provide professional level consultation demonstrating skill, ability and knowledge in employment rules, practices, policies and laws and apply these independently in the course of daily duties:
- Make decisions on complex scenarios and routinely utilize discretion and independent judgment. Issues may involve competing interests, multiple clients, conflicting rules or practices, a range of possible solutions, or other elements that contribute to complexity.
- Utilize substantive knowledge of a variety of recruitment and employment related regulations, rules, policies, procedures, processes, materials, and/or equipment.
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
In order to be considered minimally qualified for this role, you must demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to:
- Human resources principles, practices, legal environment, trends, and functions specifically focused on recruitment and selection laws and regulations.
- Human resource reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
- Fair employment practices, laws and regulations; nondiscrimination, Americans with Disabilities Act, civil rights laws, and legislation.
- Principles, methods, and practical applications of employee recruitment, selection, and placement.
- NEOGOV's Insight module as used in the recruitment and selection process.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Research, analysis, and independent thinking.
- Production of data and program content reports, and employee information materials.
- Presentation delivery before groups and committees.
- Recommendation development on a range of recruitment issues.
- Exceptional customer service.
Three to five in years in progressively responsible roles where performing recruitment activities was a primary function of the assigned duties; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
This recruitment is open to all eligible King County employees (SDA) and the public (TLT).
Pay upon SDA placement: Current employees selected for SDA will be compensated based on the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement or Master Labor Agreement for their base assignment if applicable.How to Apply:Complete the application to include your employment history going back at least 10 years if you have 10 or more years to include all relevant experience. Please attach a cover letter that includes:
- A scenario where you played a role in achieving recruitment and selection outcomes.
- An example of how you demonstrated customer service in a public service setting.
- Supplemental Information
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
TEMPORARY TELECOMMUTING REQUIREMENT
The work associated with this position will be performed remotely, at least through July 5, 2021 in compliance with King County’s telecommuting mandate. It is possible that the work will be primarily performed remotely on an ongoing basis after July 5, 2021.
Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours. Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements. There will be situations where the employee is required to report to a County worksite. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual, safety precautions are required by the department in alignment with the Public Health Directive from the Seattle & King County Public Health Officer.
To support employees during this time King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
For more information, or if you have questions about this position or process, please contact:
May Sabug at May.Sabug@kingcounty.gov
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you applying to this position as an eligible Current or Previous King County Employee Priority Placement Program Participant AND Is this position the same or lower percentage of full-time when compared to the position held at the point of the notification of layoff AND Do you possess the skills and abilities to qualify for this position?
02If you answered yes to the question above and you are applying for this position as a Priority Placement Participant, to be considered, you must provide the following three pieces of information in the space provided: 1. The title you held when you received your layoff notice 2. The department you worked in 3. The effective date of your layoff03Do you have experience working in the public sector? If so, which of the following best describes your experience supporting recruitment and selection activities?
- Yes, I was given a layoff notice from my role at King County AND I am within two years of the effective date of my layoff. AND The position I was laid off from was the same or a higher percentage of FT status when compared to this one.
04If you indicated that you have worked for a public sector employer, please list the most recent one in the space provided. Type N/A if appropriate.05Which of the following best describes your experience using an automated Applicant Tracking System (ATS)?
- I was responsible for assisting with all aspects of filling positions in a public sector role.
- I was responsible for specific components of the recruiting process.
- I was one of many people who supported recruitment, and I assisted sometimes.
- I was independently responsible for full cycle recruitment(s).
- I have no direct experience in relation to this question.
- None of the above.
06The ideal candidate has worked in a professional office setting and will know how to use modern office equipment. Which of the following best describes your related experience?
- I have been trained in the use of an ATS.
- I have used an ATS professionally for less than one year.
- I have used an ATS professionally for more than one (1) year but less than three (3) years.
- I have used an ATS professionally for more than three (3) years but less than five (5) years.
- I have used an ATS professionally for more than five (5) years.
- I don't have any experience with an ATS.
07Which of the following applicant tracking systems have you used? Important note: Any experience indicated here must be included on your application materials.
- I have two or more years of experience working in a professional office environment in the last four years.
- I have one year or less experience working in a professional office environment in the last four years.
- I have been a student and believe I have the office skills necessary.
- My experience is not described here.
- I do not have any related experience.
- Brass Ring
- Another one that is not listed
- None of the above