Information Systems Security Analyst
King County’s Department of Information Technology (KCIT) is seeking an Information Systems Security Analyst to join the Information Security, Risk and Compliance Division (ISRC). This position will work to resolve a broad range of security, privacy, and compliance questions and audit findings, both technical and administrative, through research and analysis of federal, state, and local law, industry security standards that apply to King County services and analysis of technology solutions. The analyst will be responsible for monitoring and resolving ISRC service requests by working with project and program managers, business analysts, engineers and architects, technical support staff, vendors, and business customers.
King County delivers a broad range of public services covering public safety, public health, critical infrastructure, regional services to other local governments, and more. King County utilizes an equally broad range of technology across cloud and on premise infrastructure components to support the delivery of public services.
The successful candidate will have a broad range of technical and security skills and knowledge, thrive on the assessment and auditing activities of information security and privacy, and will possess excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills.
King County Department of Information Technology (KCIT)
KCIT is providing the building blocks for many of the region's most critical services. As the business solutions partner, we collaborate with the 18 County departments to develop products and services that better serve the needs of our customers and our community. To learn more about KCIT, please visit: http://kingcounty.gov/depts/it.aspx
As the first place recipient of the 15th annual National Association of Counties (NACo) Digital Counties Survey, KCIT was recognized for its vision, strategy, innovation, and collaboration. Previously earning top 10 digital county honors in the last eleven years from the Center for Digital Government, KCIT has a focus of delivering smart technology solutions that support customers, building stronger communities through innovative information technology.
King County offers a robust benefits package to support you and your family in a variety of ways. To learn more about the benefits offered here, please click on the Benefits tab or click here: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/.
This positions is estimated for a duration of 36 months.
TEMPORARY TELECOMMUTING REQUIREMENT
The work associated with this position will be performed remotely, at least through July 5, 2021 in compliance with King County’s telecommuting mandate. Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours. Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements. There will be situations where the employee is required to report to a County worksite. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual, safety precautions are required by the department in alignment with the Public Health Directive from the Seattle & King County Public Health Officer.
To support employees during this time King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
The normal workweek for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Alternative work schedules may be considered. This position is not eligible for overtime pay.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Shane Dickson, firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 263-2454.
- Job Duties
- Monitor requests for ISRC services from King County employees and customers to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Evaluate solution architectures against federal, state, and local law, King County policies and standards, and best practice security design according to applicable industry standards
- Interpret regulations, statutes, policies, and standards into actionable technical guidance for business representatives, customer success managers, project managers, solution architects and engineers, and others looking for guidance
- Assist with external audits as they occur through gathering information, scheduling meetings, assisting auditor logistics, communications, and updating the County’s compliance workplan
- Work to resolve audit recommendations and findings with business process owners, technology asset owners, or other related stakeholders
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge on security and privacy
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Minimum of 5+ years of IT experience across multiple domains including network and server infrastructure, productivity/line of business/enterprise applications, security solutions and tools, technology support, etc. with 2 years focused on information security disciplines. Relevant education and experience will be considered.
- Possess either a CISSP or CISA certification or be able to acquire within one year. Similar certifications and relevant experience will also be considered.
- Familiarity with security, privacy and risk series and frameworks (ISO27K, NIST 800 SP, NIST CSF or PF, HITRUST CSF)
- Ability to thoroughly review contractual, legal, and technical documentation
- Strong collaboration and communication skills at all levels of an organization
- Excellent communication and writing skills including the ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Critical thinking and ability to achieve outcomes for ISRC customers
- Ability to take independent initiative while also understanding where escalation is necessary
- Excellent planning and time management
- Experience with local government (city/county) organizations or public sector
- Experience with HIPAA, PCI-DSS, CJIS Security Policy
- Prior engineering, solution design, or administration experience
- NIMS ICS, GCIH, or other incident response certifications or experience
- Experience with penetration testing and vulnerability management tools, processes and methodologies
- Supplemental Information
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact your recruiter listed on this job announcement.
A completed King County Application and an attached resume is required for consideration.
The recruitment for this position is open to all qualified candidates.
Out of state employment is not being offered at this time.
Union Status: This position is represented by PTE L17.
(For internal use only: Classification: IT Systems Specialist - Master - 7323400)
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you authorized to work in the United States?
02Does your authorization require sponsorship now or in the future from an employer or other source? (This does not preclude you from being considered for this position.)
03The person hired for this position must successfully pass a background investigation. Are you willing to undergo a thorough background investigation prior to an offer of employment? This may include reference checks with previous employers and a criminal background check.
04Are you applying to this position as an eligible Current or Previous King County Employee Priority Placement Program Participant AND Is this position the same or lower percentage of full-time when compared to the position held at the point of the notification of layoff AND Do you possess the skills and abilities to qualify for this position?
05If you answered yes to the question above and you are applying for this position as a Priority Placement Participant, to be considered, you must provide the following three pieces of information in the space provided: 1. The title you held when you received your layoff notice 2. The department you worked in 3. The effective date of your layoff
- Yes, I was given a layoff notice from my role at King County AND I am within two years of the effective date of my layoff. AND The position I was laid off from was the same or a higher percentage of FT status when compared to this one.