The Information Technology Section of the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office is looking for a highly motivated individual to serve as a IT Manager. The PAO IT Manager is a leadership role that is committed to providing exceptional customer service, workforce development for their team and dedicated to continuous process improvement. This position will lead multiple professional technical staff to include desktop support, network, application developer, solutions developer and business process manager roles.
We are seeking a:
• Innovative and collaborative manager who can work side by side with top level managers in both the PAO and throughout the county.
• Strategic planner in the development of PAO IT strategies that meet our business needs, align to business strategies within the office and with the countywide IT strategic plan.
•Solution provider bringing innovative IT solutions to business needs, by leveraging IT staff, countywide IT business solution providers, or external business solutions providers. Able to gather and understand needs, identify solutions, package proposals with business case and cost benefit, coordinate consensus and buy in, and obtain approval. Provide guidance and direction to project managers and teams in the development and delivery of solutions.
• IT Service Provider manager for the department, providing the Service Level Agreement with the business, managing department IT staff to deliver services, managing agreements with countywide IT services, and managing external vendors service agreements. Identifying and reporting metrics on service delivery and developing service improvements plans when necessary
• Team leader who has the desire, knowledge, skills, abilities and experience to develop every team member to deliver exceptional customer service, innovative solutions and measurable results.
Information Technology Manager:
The mission of the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is to “Do Justice”. Our hallmarks of service are Integrity, Compassion, Leadership, and Professionalism. We value equity and social justice and strive to hire a workforce that reflects the community we serve. It is essential to our mission that we create and maintain an office that is diverse and culture of belonging.
The PAO employs over 500 deputies and staff. Our Civil Division serves as the law firm for all King County agencies. Our Criminal Division is responsible for prosecuting all felony and juvenile crimes in King County and all misdemeanor crimes in unincorporated King County. We also have a number of innovative programs that allow us to divert individuals away from the criminal justice system and toward treatment and services designed to meet needs relating to drug and substance abuse, mental health issues, and poor decision-making. Therefore, our technology needs are expansive. Each Division has a large case management system, as well as, laptops, cell phones and other equipment.
We are looking for an innovate, customer focused, enthusiastic, experienced Information Technology manager with a passion for Justice, Integrity, Compassion, Leadership and equity and social justice to join us.Interview Timeline: We will be conducting first round of interviews on June 28th and second round interviews on June 29th.
Who may apply: This position is open to all qualified King County employees.
The PAO requires all employees to reside in Washington State and within a reasonable distance to their primary county worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements.
Work Location: In person - Multiple Locations in King County – Seattle and Kent
Salary: Range 77Step 1- $62.28 - Step 10-$78.33 Hourly
$4,982.11 - $6,266.13 Biweekly
$129,534.74 - $162,919.44 Annually
Interested individuals must complete the two application components:
1) Submit a resume and cover letter
2) Respond to the supplemental questions
**Applications and/or supplemental questionnaires that state "see my resume" or are blank are considered incomplete and will not be considered competitive.
Materials will be reviewed for qualifications, and the most competitive candidates may be invited to participate in a panel interview process.
For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Human Resources Associate
Finalists must successfully submit to a criminal background check, reference check, and be fingerprinted.
- Job Duties
- Develop, monitor, guide, and report on uniformity metrics and results of the PAO's Information Technology Section.
- Define measurements and monitor performance to ensure plans and goals are aligned with enterprise-wide strategies, goals and best practices.
- Lead, manage and delegate the day-to-day operations of the PAO's Information Technology Section.
- Manage and foster a culture of innovation and change with a strong sense of how to implement new products and services with the ability to bring along others.
- Conceptualize, evaluate, develop and implement strategies, systems, standards and plans for a wide variety of functions.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor staff to be able to tackle emerging challenges of the future and,
- Utilize internal and external resources, technology, and continuous improvement techniques to report metrics, improve processes, create more capacity, and deliver greater value.
- Partner and collaborate with King County Central Information and Technology Department (KCIT) and the KCIT service owners to bring county standard processes and technology to the PAO.
- Develop and implement the Information Technology Department's annual budget, monitors expenditures and reallocates resources as necessary to achieve the department's goals.
- Leverage and innovate technology and IT operations to advance Equity and Social Justice at the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office and in our Justice Equity ecosystem.
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Experience communicating strategy and vision to team, stakeholders and customers.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Information Technology field
- Be comfortable working and leading in a medium to large organization, including successfully navigating a political and publicly visible environment
- Have strong project management, change management, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team
- Have a track record with developing and implementing innovative strategies, best practices, and goals. Develop metrics and benchmarks to be able to project how results can be used in future initiatives
- Be customer focused with a dedication to providing efficient and value added services;
- Be able to manage, develop, coach and mentor a culturally and generationally diverse staff in a collaborative manner that focuses on engagement, good communication, and team building that is essential for the evolving business needs of the future; and,
- Be able to persevere and adapt as required, while working in a multifaceted and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrable base level knowledge of technology (e.g. Cloud, APIs, services, Windows stack, open source, database technologies, predictive analytics, etc.). Experience communicating strategy and vision to team, stakeholders and
- Possess a combination of education and experience with current and emerging Information Technology principles, techniques, best practices, and trends that clearly demonstrates the ability to direct the day-to-day activities of the Section
- Knowledge in information systems techniques and principles including analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance, documentation and training; skill in assigned specialty area
- Knowledge and skill in the application of supervisory and management techniques and principles
- Knowledge of IT project management principles and techniques including budgeting and resource allocation
- Strategic IT planning skills
- Analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Skill in overseeing technical analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, documentation, and training
- Skill in managing and overseeing multiple IT projects simultaneously
- Skill in developing IT policies and procedures
- Skill in identifying, recommending, and implementing solutions to information technology issues
- Skill in building consensus among a diverse group of individuals with conflicting viewpoints and convincing others to initiate action
- Experience leading and providing customer technical support
- Mastery of the IT ticketing system to track, monitor resolve and report daily computer issues
- Experience troubleshooting end-user problems to include software, hardware, and network issues. This includes the repair of computers and peripherals
- Experience configuring new computer systems: install computer imaging software, adapt to specific departmental needs.
- Experience leading projects that may require research and specialization
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects efficiently
- Ability to monitor and support desktop and network security, to include providing research and guidance in relation to virus attacks
- Expertise in current Windows OS environment with Win 10 desktops, desktop applications; Microsoft Suite, O365
- Experience troubleshooting via remote access and VPN.
- Understand and comply with security best practices
- System Administration experience, including Active Directory
- Working knowledge of SCCM
- Professional written and interpersonal skills, particularly communicating with customers
- Customer Focus
- Develops Talent
- Build networks
- Ensures Accountability
- Business Insight
- Manages Conflict
- Builds effective teams
- Action Oriented
- Manages Complexity / Problem Solving / Composure
- Being Resilient / Perseverance
- Nimble Learning / Learning on the Fly
- Manages Ambiguity / Dealing with Ambiguity
- Interpersonal Savvy / Approachability / Patience
- Communicates Effectively / Listening / Written Communications / Presentation Skills
- Plans and Aligns / Priority Setting / Time Management
- Tech Savvy / Technical Learning
- Instills Trust / Integrity and Trust
- Cultivates Innovation / Creativity
- Collaborates / Informing / Peer Relationships
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness / Self-Knowledge
- Decision Quality
- Directs Work / Directing Others / Delegation
- Drives Engagement / Motivating Others
- Organizational Savvy / Organizational Agility
- Supplemental Information
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
The Prosecuting Attorney's Office is dedicated to making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Prosecuting Attorney's Office' employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate for the position you applied for, the County will send you a conditional offer letter.
As a condition of employment, prior to a final offer of employment, you will be required to:
- submit proof of vaccination, or
- have an approved request for medical or religious exemption and an approved accommodation. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact the recruiter listed on this job announcement.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01The Prosecuting Attorney's Office requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To meet this requirement, all employees must provide proof of vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
02Are you currently employed by King County?
- I understand this requirement.
- I cannot comply with this requirement.
- N/A - I am a current PAO employee.
03Tell us about the first time you put someone else's development plan in writing.04Share with us a time when you tried your best and failed.05Describe a situation in which you performed all of the key tasks in leading a group06How have you or how would you leverage and innovate technology to advance equity and social justice?