IT Services Manager
- King County District Court ProfileKCDC is the largest and most technologically advanced Court of Limited Jurisdiction in the State of Washington. It currently processes approximately 200,000 matters per year with 25 elected judges and roughly 260 employees at 8 courthouse locations. The Court is a leader in many areas involving public safety and access to justice, including the use of problem-solving courts, jail-alternative programs, technology- and judge-managed probation services. Fourteen cities contract with King County for court services provided by KCDC.Position SummaryWe are looking for an IT Services Manager who will be responsible for performing the full range of managerial duties while applying detailed technical knowledge. This position will provide technical guidance to staff and resolve technical issues, ensure installed systems are working effectively and improvements are implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.This posting is open until June 27, 2022 with a first review date of June 13, 2022. For priority consideration, please submit your application by this date.
- Job Duties
- Provides formal supervision, including hiring, development, engagement, workload distribution, performance management and conflict resolution.
- Supervise professional information technology staff, including: establish priorities and work schedules, coach, motivate and evaluate job performance, conduct performance evaluations, recommend hiring and disciplinary actions, as well as identify and recommend training needs and provide training.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to staff; troubleshoot and solve problems occurring within the group; resolve customer complaints.
- Supervise the day-to-day administration and maintenance of assigned IT functional areas. Coordinate the integration and implementation of new applications or systems into existing applications and systems.
- Work directly with clients on routine operational and maintenance issues.
- Prepare work area standard operating procedures; ensure compliance with technology policies and procedures.
- Provide input in the development of the work unit’s budget; may monitor expenditures.
- Prepare written detailed documentation and reports as required.
- Act as functional area technology representative with internal and external customers.
- Act as technical interface with consultants; monitor performance of contracts; evaluate vendor ability to perform requirements for functional area. Implement service agreements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Knowledge of information systems techniques and principles including analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance, documentation, training procedures and best practices, on a critical IT Operation organization.
- Strong industry best practices experience based on ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework or similar methodologies
- Progressively responsible technical management experience, including planning, project managing, delegating, and coordinating work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues at the same or higher level, subordinates, union officials, other Court and County employees, as well as persons in other organizations, departments, agencies, and the public.
- Problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Skilled in system documentation and writing standard operating procedures
- Skilled in working on several projects or assignments simultaneously
- Skilled in building consensus among a diverse group of individuals with conflicting viewpoints
- Supplemental Information
King County District Court is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) EmployerNo person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.If you have any questions regarding this position or application process, please contact Hind May at 206-848-0177 or email@example.com. Please include “IT Services Manager” within the subject line.
- Selection process: Application materials will be screened for qualifications; the most competitive candidates will be invited for one or more panel interviews. Any employment offer will be contingent upon the results of a criminal background investigation and finger printing.
- Additional materials required: A resume detailing how you meet the listed experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. Cover letter or letter of interest is optional.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and move and/or lift up to 10 pounds. The vision abilities required to perform this position include close vision.
- Working Conditions: Work is typically performed in an office environment with a moderate amount of noise (computers, printers, light traffic). This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Work schedule: Regular, working a 40-hour workweek. Responsibilities occasionally may require working additional hours in order to meet deadlines. After hours, on-call support is required.
- Work location: Seattle, Washington - King County Courthouse, 516 3rd Ave., Seattle, WA 98104. Until further notice from the Court, the work associated with this position will be performed predominantly by teleworking, through a combination of teleworking and onsite work and meetings as needed. While in telecommute status, employees must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during regular work hours. Employees must reside in Washington state and within a commuting distance to the King County Courthouse to meet sporadic workplace reporting requirements.
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.