LAN Administrator Journey
KCIT's Customer Support Services (CSS) team is seeking to add five (5) LAN Administrator Journeys, in multiple job types (Term Limited). These positions will be responsible to provide support in fulfilling incident and requests assigned to any of the End User Services teams in CSS. The primary focus will be providing level 1 technical support to restore end-users' normal daily operations in a complex, distributed computing environment within the agreed upon Service Level Agreement or within a reasonable timeframe. These positions will focus on incident and request tickets assigned via the helpdesk software. (Includes but is not limited to: Help-desk support, User Account Creation and Maintenance, File Share Administration, Break/Fix issues, Lifecycle upgrades, Software / Hardware deployments, etc.)
King County offers a robust benefits package to support you and your family in a variety of ways. To learn more about the benefits offered here, please click on the Benefits tab or click here: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/.
The normal workweek for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Alternative work schedules may be considered. This position is not eligible for overtime pay. Please note that these positions may be required to participate in (AHS) After Hours Support rotations.
Multiple locations throughout King County
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Shane Dickson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-263-2454.?
- Job Duties
- Troubleshoot, research, and resolve end user standard applications (MS Office 2013/2016 Suite, custom and commercial off-the shelf) issues in workstations with multiple platforms and operating systems at a higher technical level
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software
- Resolve end user workstation, printer, software and peripheral problems on a variety of systems
- Provide field support services to customers in solving problems incurred in the installation and/or operation of hardware/software products
- Utilize diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Collaborate with other IT service teams, validate solutions to ensure incident or service request is adequately resolved, verify with customers, and coach users in correcting reported problems as appropriate
- Create technical documentation of resolutions
- Actively manage assigned tickets with accurate and timely information and escalate as needed
- Assist in determining customer and staff training needs and contribute to the development, presentation and maintenance of training materials
- May be assigned to life cycle replacements and new employee hardware deployments
- May participate in (AHS) After Hours Support rotations
- May be required to manage the IT related process of on-boarding and off-boarding of employees
- May participate in Major Incident Process
- May be required to work help-desk and take calls
- May train other staff members on assigned processes and technologies
- May be required to drive to different county locations to provide workstation support
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- At least 1.5-2-years' experience providing workstation support, end user support, troubleshooting computer equipment, resolving end user applications and troubleshooting network connectivity issues OR Any combination of relevant experience/education/training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work
- Experience with McAfee, Microsoft ATP, SCCM, Active Directory, Remote Assistance Tools, Windows 7/8/10, Office 2013/2016, Office 365 and Skype for Business
- Experience working with an IT service management tool
- Experience with building/imaging computer hardware utilizing SCCM
- Skilled at escalating issues according to established escalation processes
- Experienced in utilizing remote assistance tools to troubleshoot and resolve workstation issues
- Experienced in using diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware or software
- Skilled in addressing security issues utilizing appropriate tools
- Skill in collaborating effectively with management, peers, other KCIT service teams and customers
- Skill in establishing and maintaining exceptional customer relationships
- Must maintain a positive attitude towards peers and leadership, learns from mistakes made, seeks feedback and is open to criticism, and is easily coachable
- Demonstrated skills in communicating orally or in writing; including the ability to communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated skill in building consensus and coming to a resolution among a diverse group of individuals with conflicting viewpoints
- Demonstrated skill in handling multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated skill in writing and editing technical documentation
- Familiarity with mobile device management
- Strong independent problem-solving skills
- CJIS background check will be required for selected candidates
- Valid Washington State Driver's License - a copy of your driver's license will be required upon job offer
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation
- May be responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of equipment and boxes of varying sizes and weights by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, placing, as well as physical bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping, or crawling in a safe and efficient manner
- Supplemental Information
- Are you ready to apply?
Number of Openings:
- A completed a King County application, resume, and cover letter are required in order to be considered for this position, please make sure you have attached those items. If you have not, you will not be considered for these positions.
- Five (5) - Special Duty (SD) or Term Limited Temporary (TLT)
Who May Apply
- The SDA position is only open to current appointed and career service King County employees who have passed their initial probationary period.
- The TLT position is open to the general public. King County values diverse perspectives and life experiences. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, Veterans and those with lived experience.
- This position is represented by Protec17
(For internal use only: Classification: (Lan Administrator - Journey - 7311200)
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you authorized to work in the United States?
02The person hired for this position must successfully pass a background investigation. Are you willing to undergo a thorough background investigation prior to an offer of employment? This may include reference checks with previous employers and a criminal background check.