LAN Administrator Journey
King County Department of Information Technology (KCIT) is seeking two LAN Administrator Journeys to join our Customer Support Services (CSS) team. These positions will be performing level 1 technology support through KCIT intake mediums (Portal, Chat and Phone). They will be expected to work and manage assigned tickets in KCIT’s IT Service Management Tool (Cherwell). The primary function is workstation support including software, hardware, printer queues, and other workstation related assignments with a focus on the Skype to Teams Project.
King County Department of Information Technology (KCIT)
KCIT is providing the building blocks for many of the region's most critical services. As the business solutions partner, we collaborate with the 18 County departments to develop products and services that better serve the needs of our customers and our community. To learn more about KCIT, please visit: http://kingcounty.gov/depts/it.aspx
As the first place recipient of the 15th annual National Association of Counties (NACo) Digital Counties Survey, KCIT was recognized for its vision, strategy, innovation, and collaboration. Previously earning top 10 digital county honors in the last eleven years from the Center for Digital Government, KCIT has a focus of delivering smart technology solutions that support customers, building stronger communities through innovative information technology.
King County offers a robust benefits package to support you and your family in a variety of ways. To learn more about the benefits offered here, please click on the Benefits tab or click here: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/.
These positions are estimated for a duration of 3 years.
TEMPORARY TELECOMMUTING REQUIREMENT
The work associated with this position will be performed remotely, at least through July 5, 2021 in compliance with King County’s telecommuting mandate. Employees will be provided with a County issued laptop and must maintain a workspace with an internet connection where they can reliably perform work and remain available and responsive during scheduled work hours. Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements. There will be situations where the employee is required to report to a County worksite. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual, safety precautions are required by the department in alignment with the Public Health Directive from the Seattle & King County Public Health Officer.
To support employees during this time King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
The normal workweek for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Alternative work schedules may be considered. This position is not eligible for overtime pay.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Shannon Hoeper, email@example.com (206)263-6957
- Job Duties
- Demonstrated experience with current enterprise client management tools such as imaging tools, storage encryption tools, enterprise antivirus, SCCM, Active Directory, Remote Assistance Tools, Windows Operating systems, Microsoft Office, Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams.
- Troubleshoot, research, and resolve end user standard applications (custom and commercial off-the shelf) issues in workstations with multiple platforms and operating systems at a high technical level.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software.
- Resolve end user workstation, printer, software and peripheral problems on a variety of systems.
- May be required to provide field support services to customers in solving problems incurred in the installation and/or operation of hardware/software products.
- May be required to provide support by answering helpdesk calls, answering live support chats, responding to web portal tickets.
- Manage multiple types of employee and non-employee accounts by creating, editing and restoring access.
- Manage Cherwell ticket queues to promptly and accurately escalate tickets that cannot be completed.
- Apply and remove permissions to user accounts.
- Enable and disable user accounts for multiple enterprise type accounts.
- Manage the IT related process of On-Boarding and Off-Boarding of employees.
- Perform preliminary troubleshooting of business applications.
- May run Major Incident process.
- Train other staff members on assigned processes and technologies.
- Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience providing workstation support, end user support, troubleshooting computer equipment, resolving end user applications and troubleshooting network connectivity issues
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience providing support for recent Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suites (E.g. Win 10, Office 2016, 365)
- Ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware or software
- Ability to address security issues by utilizing appropriate tools
- Experience with Microsoft Skype and Teams
- Experience working with an IT service management tool
- Experience with building/imaging computer hardware utilizing SCCM
- Experienced with application deployment methodologies through SCCM including troubleshooting processes
- Knowledge of local area networks and related systems, hardware and software installation and configuration, and systems integration, VPN network connectivity issues
- Knowledge of level 1 cloud based technologies such as OneDrive, SharePoint, etc
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with mobile device management tools and best practices
- Ability to establish and maintain exceptional customer relationships
- Skill in collaborating effectively with management, peers, other KCIT service teams and customers
- Skill in building consensus and coming to a resolution among a diverse group of individuals with conflicting viewpoints
- Demonstrated positive attitude towards peers and leadership, learns from mistakes, seeks feedback, is open to criticism, and is easily coachable
- Ability to communicate orally or in writing; including the ability to communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience
- Skill in handling multiple competing priorities
- Skilled in writing and in editing technical documentation
- Understanding of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) process
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Microsoft Technology Associate Certifications
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in supporting Mac OS
- Experience in supporting Microsoft Teams and Teams Live
- Supplemental Information
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact your recruiter listed on this job announcement.
A completed King County Application and an attached resume is required for consideration.
The recruitment for this position is open to all qualified candidates. This recruitment will be used to fill multiple vacancies.
Union Status: This position is represented by Protec17.
(For internal use only: Classification: LAN Administrator Journey - 7311200)
King County offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and support our employees' health and well-being. Eligible positions receive the following benefits and have access to the following programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: King County pays 100% of the premiums for eligible employees and family members
- Life and disability insurance: employees are provided basic coverage and given the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement: King County employees are eligible to participate in a pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and a 457(b) deferred-compensation plan
- Transportation program and ORCA transit pass
- 10 paid holidays each year (plus 2 personal holidays)
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave, family and medical leaves, and volunteer leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness programs
- Onsite gyms and activity centers
- Employee giving program
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting options, depending on position
- Training and career development programs
This is a general description of the benefits offered to eligible King County employees, and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy. If any information on this document conflicts with the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the CBA prevails. Also, in the event of any incorrect information in this document, applicable laws, policies, rules, CBAs, or official plan documents will prevail.
NOTE: Benefits for Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Short Term Temporary (STT) positions, including leave eligibility and/or participation in the pension plan through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, will vary based upon the terms and details of the position. Short Term Temporary positions are not eligible for an ORCA transit pass.
For inquiries about the specifics of this position, please contact the recruiter identified on this job posting.
01Are you authorized to work in the United States
02Does your authorization require sponsorship now or in the future from an employer or other source? (This does not preclude you from being considered for this position.)
03Are you applying to this position as a Priority Placement Program Participant And Is this position the same or lower percentage of full-time when compared to the position held at the point of the notification of layoff AND Do you possess the skills and abilities to qualify for this position?
04If you answered yes to the question above and you are applying for this position as a Priority Placement Participant, to be considered, you must provide the following three pieces of information in the space provided: 1. The title you held when you received your layoff notice 2. The department you worked in 3. The effective date of your layoff
- Yes, I was given a layoff notice from my role at King County AND I am within two years of the effective date of my layoff. AND The position I was laid off from was the same or a higher percentage of FT status when compared to this one.